Do you think you have made the grades for your firm? Watch

Poll: Do you think you have got the grades?
Yes (32)
26.89%
I may just get into my firm, but I am confident I have made my insurance. (55)
46.22%
I have hopefully just scraped into my insurance (14)
11.76%
I think I will be going into clearing (18)
15.13%
Sarahl89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have no idea. I keep trying to work out what exams i can mess up and still scrape my grades. Think im being over hopeful though - i really doubt ive got into my firm, and my insurance is looking iffy atm too.
As for chemistry, im pretty certain i've got a U for A2, hopeful ive pushed AS up to a D, which would still be enough UCAs points IF i manage to somehow get an A in geography (be gutted if i dont), an A for environmental science (also doubtful), which would mean needing a C in biology - that would get me into my firm, but im not sure im gonna even get that C really. And if i dont, then ive missed my insurance too, cause they wanted a C for bio. arghhhhhhhhh. So basically, anything could happen, & i have not a clue whether ive made any of them or not.
if i havent though, im gonna go campervanning new zealand for 6 months, so all is not lost . i just really wanna go to exeter damnit!!!!
edward_wells90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Curious888)
Nope, definately havent made the 3 A's I need, but I never really expected to.

Just gonna call up city on the day and whine at them...
What will you tell them?
charlie[]
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
that he is a brilliant student i imagine, only thing you can do.
TurboShrimp
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Need AAB, have NO idea whether I'll get it (or anywhere close) some days I think I might've done it, others I'm convinced that I've got all Us
and as the exams i've taken get further away I can only remember the questions that I know i got wrong which isn't helping much
MixedUp
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im sao stressed i dont even kno if i got into my insurance at this point...i only remember the things i did wrong for each paper...nxt 2 months are going to b hell.
DiscoPirate
Badges: 9
Report 11 years ago
I annoy myself by counting up the marks i think i acheived in the exam, and then panick if it doesn't add up to the mark I need.

I think i'm on the verge of getting the grade I need in all my subjects but i have a horrible feeling i'll be something like 5 UMS marks off the grade i needed when i see my results.
MazalTov89
Badges: 9
Report 11 years ago
I need ABB. I'm predicted CCC. (Although I've already got the A I need in an A Level I did two years ago)

Apparently, if you don't get the grades, there's still a chance that you can get in your firm choice?
Curious888
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I dont know what happened on exam day, I met my predictions, look how high my maths score is...

etcetc...
Ed.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't know. Lets see what happens on results day...
jken89
Report 11 years ago
I really don't know, I feel I did ok on some modules then **** on other! The feeling where you know you've made a mistake (for a written essay) and you don't know how the examiners going to mark it is the worst feeling ever!

I need AAB but really want AAA as that's what I'm predicted and worked hard to get!
jbyrne1989
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Need ABB as long as my unit 6 Business exam goes well tomorrow should get it. fingers crossed
FiveFiveSix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I need ABB... I'm never going to get a B in Politics, so that means I need AAC...

*gulp*
Alfchick60
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i need AAb from 4 A levels - one A i already have so i'm not too worried. Need Cs in physics & econ to still get As so hopefully won't muck up. I don't have an insurance so i better get the grades!
sushAA
Report 11 years ago
I need BBC for my firm to reading and CCC for insurance offer to oxford brookes. At the moment I already have a C in one a-level meaning I need either a BC or BB in my double award ICT depending on whether I get a C or a B in media. Im predicted AB/BB for ICT however I am doubtful with moderation etc. Fingers crossed I should get in to reading!!!
benwellsday
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
aa
city_chic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes (ABB)
SurferRosa
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yep, CCC and I'm on AAB at the moment. Thank god for the relative obscurity of Immunology w/ Pharmacology.
ToxicMuppet
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I need AAA or AAaa I know i can't get AAA just because i failed terrible on two exams. Its going to be so close for AAaa, i got 1 a, should get 1 A its just the other a and A which are in the balace, im hoping even with ABab they let me in :P I can sell ice to the eskimos!
BOBO777
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I need BBC but *****ed up a major paper so im probably at BCC. I just hope that uni's will take on a person who gets BBC or even BCC.
Absurd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think I have, managed to ***** up two exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
4.26%
They might tell the bully (5)
10.64%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
19.15%
It might lead to more bullying (17)
36.17%
There's nothing they could do (14)
29.79%

Watched Threads

Latest