Should i just read the revision guide or carry on making notes?

Watch
BizzFrog22
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have just been making notes but every time I am doing it I find I am just writing what it says on the revision guide so should I just read the revision guide or carry on making notes
JMcGarry00
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What subject? Also, just reading the information in a revision guides doesn't mean that you'll actually remember it. You have to summarise the information on flashcards and shorten it down so you can easily memorise it. Make sure that when you do shorten it, still include key terms so you won't lose marks if you wrote that in your exam
BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
(Original post by JMcGarry00)
What subject? Also, just reading the information in a revision guides doesn't mean that you'll actually remember it. You have to summarise the information on flashcards and shorten it down so you can easily memorise it. Make sure that when you do shorten it, still include key terms so you won't lose marks if you wrote that in your exam
It’s for BTEC First Information and creative technology. What I was gonna do is read it and test myself to see if I remember it
JMcGarry00
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your more likely to remember if it you summarise it. If you did what you are doing, you'll just forget it and won't remember the full version because you are just reading it and not actually using it. I'd read it and try to summarise it on a flashcard
BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
Your more likely to remember if it you summarise it. If you did what you are doing, you'll just forget it and won't remember the full version because you are just reading it and not actually using it. I'd read it and try to summarise it on a flashcard
Okay so will flash cards be better than notes en?
JMcGarry00
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends one how you like to display it. It's easier on flashcards because they are all separate but if you prefer just normal note taking, do that
BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
It depends one how you like to display it. It's easier on flashcards because they are all separate but if you prefer just normal note taking, do that
I can’t really do notes because all that happens is I end up writing the revision guide
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I always made summary sheets combining all the relevant information from the revision guide, my note and random other resources we'd been given, making sure I'd included everything the specification says I should have. This really helped me learn, and saved a lot of reading when it then came to revision time, as I've found revision guides are very wordy (I cut 11 pages down to 4 including all the extra stuff from my notes for one topic).
JMcGarry00
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BizzFrog22)
I can’t really do notes because all that happens is I end up writing the revision guide
Read the full thing first and then try to shorten it, getting rid of things that are irrelevant. Then try to put it in your own words and write it out. If you don't understand any part of it, Google it or find out what it means. There's no point writing something out of you don't understand it
BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
Read the full thing first and then try to shorten it, getting rid of things that are irrelevant. Then try to put it in your own words and write it out. If you don't understand any part of it, Google it or find out what it means. There's no point writing something out of you don't understand it
When my tutor gave me book she told me to keep reading it until I remembered everything in the book. But en when I’ve looked how to revise it says take notes or do flash cards but my tutor went you only need the revision guide not anything else :/ so it’s all really confusing me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (338)
55.87%
I don't have everything I need (267)
44.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed