Cuticle Help Needed! Watch

username163092
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Basically, some of my cuticles are fine (nice shape and not too thin or thick), but my index fingers' cuticles are quite thick and ugly looking, whilst my middle fingers' cuticles are REALLY thin and can hurt if I accidently brush then against something. Is there any way I can fix the thin cuticles (cheaply)? (I know how to fix the other ones)

Also, if you look really closely at my nails, there are very faint lines, but on my right index finger, they're really prominent & deep. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
username163092
Rep:
?
Anyone?
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
People worry about the craziest crap these days
username163092
Rep:
?
LOL, maybe, but the cuticles on my middle fingers do hurt if I brush them against anything - that's the annoying side.

Also, my prom is in under 2 weeks, and I look a mess and the school has this lovely habit of posting all of the photos on the school shared area for all to see for a minimum of a year...
blahhh
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey,
For the cuticles try moisturising them a bit? Might soften the skin and reduce it a bit
And for the lines, my mum used to have a special nail file/ buffer type thing that you use on your actual nail (not just the ends, uno, the whole nail :p:) it would take the lines off and buff your nails nice and shiny

try in Boots or Superdrug or something?
blahhh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
http://www.nsinails.co.uk/content/files

The second one down she had, not sure if you can buy off this site

My mum used to be a beauty therapist and nail technition

EDIT- Similar thing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x-4-Way-Beaut...QQcmdZViewItem
username163092
Rep:
?
Yeah, I could try buffing it, but... I keep thinking of nail files going over my nails now and taking off the top layer...Why does that freak me out? lol...

I'll put vaseline on them, that's work right?
blahhh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by steffi.alexa)
Yeah, I could try buffing it, but... I keep thinking of nail files going over my nails now and taking off the top layer...Why does that freak me out? lol...

I'll put vaseline on them, that's work right?
Theyre not like nail files ALOT less rough, I HATE filing my nails....but using one of those was fiiine

Yeh vaseline will soften the cuticles a bit

Another idea with the ridges is just make sure you put base coat on before the polish to fill them in a bit
username163092
Rep:
?
I put on two clear coats the other day and they were still really visible. Also, I don't tend to wear anything but clear polish on my nails, so I guess buffing is the only way to go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads