Tenerife vs Magaluf Watch

historyftw
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Having been to Tenerife, I loved it nice mixture of families during the day and clubber's at night! Lovely Karaoke bar where us more mature 18's could mingle with the over 40's with some nice mature conversation and a bit of karaoke...then head to the other side and get pissed and run a riot. Does Magaluf compare?

Thanks

xx
miranda7719
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ooh where abouts in tenerife did you go?
i'm off there in a bit
no idea about magalf though
i've heard it's got good nightlife etc but its not a very nice place
very 18-30s
historyftw
Went to the classic playa americas area - its awesome stayed in a family villa sorta place - but made friends with the locals they loved us - we smashed through the all 18 year olds are yobs sterotypes - by the end we were playing bowls with the grandad! he brought us drinks

If you do end up try and track down a place called the Star Bar. amazing place as a warm up until midnight before the clubs get busy
Absurd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by historyftw)
Went to the classic playa americas area - its awesome stayed in a family villa sorta place - but made friends with the locals they loved us - we smashed through the all 18 year olds are yobs sterotypes - by the end we were playing bowls with the grandad! he brought us drinks

If you do end up try and track down a place called the Star Bar. amazing place as a warm up until midnight before the clubs get busy
Ah! What was the place you stayed in called? I'm going in a week
historyftw
I stayed in the Orlando Complex...near the big hotels like the Iberostar etc...
lottie123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Magaluf does have a fairly dismal reputation but I have just got back from the resort having spent a week there and must admit it was sooo much better than I thought! Am actually really missing it! As long as you go to the right places and meet the right people you'll have an amazing time!
NFI
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lottie123)
Magaluf does have a fairly dismal reputation but I have just got back from the resort having spent a week there and must admit it was sooo much better than I thought! Am actually really missing it! As long as you go to the right places and meet the right people you'll have an amazing time!
I miss magaluf and I was there a year ago! Still think of it pretty much everyday and am still in contact with people I met out there and have been to stay at their houses with some of the other boys that I was with. Good times, and doesn't justify the stereotype. Any town centre in England is much rougher on a weekend evening than Magaluf. We saw one policeman in a week there!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads