Kinda giving up on getting a job Watch

Jasyy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I don't know if anyone would feel the same but i have been having the worse luck with jobs. So here is a question that will help me cheer up and maybe others

For the people who are in university or have got their dream job what was it like for you at the beginning? How did you feel when you achieved getting into your dream career or the university you wanted?
Jasyy
Rep:
?
BUMP
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jasyy)
I don't know if anyone would feel the same but i have been having the worse luck with jobs. So here is a question that will help me cheer up and maybe others

For the people who are in university or have got their dream job what was it like for you at the beginning? How did you feel when you achieved getting into your dream career or the university you wanted?
How are you currently approaching job hunting? I can't speak from a university perspective but I took an apprenticeship route and basically landed my dream job in one go. I absolutely love the work and there's room to move about too.

Honestly, don't give up and maybe look at other opportunities (work experience, apprenticeships etc.) as a way of getting your foot in the door
Jasyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
How are you currently approaching job hunting? I can't speak from a university perspective but I took an apprenticeship route and basically landed my dream job in one go. I absolutely love the work and there's room to move about too.

Honestly, don't give up and maybe look at other opportunities (work experience, apprenticeships etc.) as a way of getting your foot in the door
Sadly I cannot take the apprenticeship route due to not passing my maths gcses and work experience is very rare in my area but I am glad you landed your dream job
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jasyy)
Sadly I cannot take the apprenticeship route due to not passing my maths gcses and work experience is very rare in my area but I am glad you landed your dream job
Could you take some time out and re-sit your GCSE maths? That might help to open a few more doors for you and thank you - I'm sure you will too. It may just take a bit of time but it will happen
Jasyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Could you take some time out and re-sit your GCSE maths? That might help to open a few more doors for you and thank you - I'm sure you will too. It may just take a bit of time but it will happen
Maths gcse costs too much :cry2:
Maybe in the future future but my situation isn't the greatest
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jasyy)
Maths gcse costs too much :cry2:
Maybe in the future future but my situation isn't the greatest
Ah yeah, cost is a bummer. However if you haven't got the GCSE previously, are there no colleges nearby that will let you study for it for free? Or at least subsidised.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.78%
Terrified (382)
22.2%
Meh (172)
9.99%
Confused (37)
2.15%