didnt meet requirements but hoping to call and plead Watch

hermione watson
Badges: 9
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
not sure if I will still be accepted tmr but I missed the uni by 2 grades , lets say they declined my conditional offer but financially I can only go for this uni, is it possible to call and ask fro another chance or what do I say when I call them?
angelinahx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by hermione watson)
not sure if I will still be accepted tmr but I missed the uni by 2 grades , lets say they declined my conditional offer but financially I can only go for this uni, is it possible to call and ask fro another chance or what do I say when I call them?
You can, but they're not obligated to accept you and it's not even likely they will - they've had plenty of time to consider your application and unless there are mitigating factors it's unlikely they'll take you on the course. Just wait and see what happens, you may have done well.
hermione watson
(Original post by angelinahx)
You can, but they're not obligated to accept you and it's not even likely they will - they've had plenty of time to consider your application and unless there are mitigating factors it's unlikely they'll take you on the course. Just wait and see what happens, you may have done well.
thank you I understand that the chances are slim but I still feel like fighting for it, but I am not sure what I should say when I call them tho
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Your best bet would be to have a look in clearing to see if they have any other courses you are interested in that you meet the requirements for. Try joint honours and so on!

If they've decided to reject you then unfortunately it's unlikely they'll go back on this decision on results day- regardless of your personal circumstances.
Shuviliaxx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
how did u get ur results early
hermione watson
I did CIE

(Original post by Shuviliaxx)
how did u get ur results early
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi,

It's very unlikely you will get your place back if you have been declined, and you can't get a place in Clearing if you have been rejected, but you never know what will happen and mistakes can be made so there are a few options. Double check to see if your course is in clearing, then if your grades match to what they are looking for in Clearing then something might have gone wrong. If it's not in Clearing, it means that it's full.

If the course is in Clearing and your grade matches, it may be worth a call to ask what's going on - just say you were a previous applicant and you noticed the course in Clearing. Then you can ask what happened and why you were rejected if you met the grades in Clearing

Keep your hopes up and keep calm - you never know what will happen tomorrow and I wish you the best of luck.

Strawberry :hugs:
Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 3 days ago
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I did CIE
Have you just had your results and have you been rejected. It is possible even 2 grades below your university might accept you. What university and course is it. What grades did they expect and you get. Sometimes universities accept applicants with 2 grades lower. If they dont you are not getting in so dont waste a call.
Protostar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Just so you know, last year I got accepted into my Insurance with 2 grades lower than my offer, so it can happen!

However if you are rejected in the morning, just calling and begging might not work, however you can try and get yourself a place through Clearing. You should also be prepared to try other universities though as it's not guaranteed that they'll give you a place as you've missed your offer. Good luck whatever happens
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (74)
17.49%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (270)
63.83%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.96%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.71%

Watched Threads