Trying to do SAAS but no bank account Watch

FTC199
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi i need to fill in my SAAS forms but ive been told you need to have bank details to do this. I am currently changing my bank account and have been doing so for the past 2 months (my dad repeatedly lost the forms whenever i asked for them and then refused to let me send them without him checking they were right). Now im getting slightly worried, i sent my bank details off this morning and it said it would take up to 2 weeks for them to be processed. SAAS say their deadline is the 30th June 2009 but i know ive missed the deadline for ensuring the money is at the uni on the first day. I dont want the student loan but i do want my fees paid for me. Does anyone have any idea how long this part takes to be processed? And can anyone reassure me that all will be dealt with and sorted so i dont have to worry about the £2700 fees
sandettielightvessel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do you have the details? I believe all you need is the account number and sort code. By changing your account do you mean closing an old one down and setting an entirely fresh one up - or is it an existing account converting (eg an under 18 account changing into a Student account). If the latter I would check with your bank - your details may well be the same.
FTC199
Rep:
?
(Original post by sandettielightvessel)
Do you have the details? I believe all you need is the account number and sort code. By changing your account do you mean closing an old one down and setting an entirely fresh one up - or is it an existing account converting (eg an under 18 account changing into a Student account). If the latter I would check with your bank - your details may well be the same.
its closing and opening, i dont have the account number and sort code yet
sandettielightvessel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ah right. I wouldn't worry too much, as I'm sure your uni would understand if you said the notification letter was still in processing and yet to arrive - I doubt they would be at your neck for the fees on the first day.
mr_cool
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FTC199)
SAAS say their deadline is the 30th June 2009 but i know ive missed the deadline for ensuring the money is at the uni on the first day. I dont want the student loan but i do want my fees paid for me.
I will be wanting the full loan/brusery + fess but havent sent my application off yet. How do you know that you have missed it for start of uni, what happens will we just get the same amount but late?
FTC199
Rep:
?
(Original post by mr_cool)
I will be wanting the full loan/brusery + fess but havent sent my application off yet. How do you know that you have missed it for start of uni, what happens will we just get the same amount but late?
the deadline for the money being garanteed to be there on the first day was 11th may. the system also crashed that evening as it took my bf 2 hours just to register then
TheOneWho
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It doesn't matter when you apply. Unless it has changed a lot in a couple of years then as long as you apply a couple of months before the start date and have everything correct at time of sending you will still get the money for the start of term. If it hasn't been fully processed, the uni still accepts the SAAS letter as proof of payment of tuition fees.
New...Romantic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I thought the deadline for the money to be there for the start of uni was the end of june. If your bank details have been sent off you should be fine. I only sent mine off on Friday and I got a letter through yesterday confirming that they'd got it.
FTC199
Rep:
?
(Original post by New...Romantic)
I thought the deadline for the money to be there for the start of uni was the end of june. If your bank details have been sent off you should be fine. I only sent mine off on Friday and I got a letter through yesterday confirming that they'd got it.
I havent got the bank details though. My Uni havent asked for the SAAS stuff yet (i think they may do that in freshers week) but i dont want to miss the deadline because of the stupid RBS stuff and the fact my parents lost my stuff for a month
New...Romantic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Aw sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you'd sent the bank details to saas.

Um all I can say is, send off the form to saas as soon as you get the details through and hope for the best. It'll probably be fine, they sometimes just give a deadline like that so everyone doesn't leave it till the last minute. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.84%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.68%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.67%
It might lead to more bullying (83)
35.47%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.34%

Watched Threads