Uni course choice help!!! Watch

ignorantstudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hi everyone, I'm looking to apply to university in 2020 and I've only just started looking at courses and unis, but I'm already super stressed because there's so much information out there!

I'm also worried because I don't know whether to go for econ or more of a business management route. Like I like both, and I'm doing pretty well at A-Level econ, but I want to learn something that's more useful for the future like how to set up a successful business for example.

I'd really appreciate it if I could get some advice because I'm really worried about making the wrong decision. Am I just overthinking it? Thank you so much!
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by ignorantstudent)
Hi everyone, I'm looking to apply to university in 2020 and I've only just started looking at courses and unis, but I'm already super stressed because there's so much information out there!

I'm also worried because I don't know whether to go for econ or more of a business management route. Like I like both, and I'm doing pretty well at A-Level econ, but I want to learn something that's more useful for the future like how to set up a successful business for example.

I'd really appreciate it if I could get some advice because I'm really worried about making the wrong decision. Am I just overthinking it? Thank you so much!
Take some time to breathe and take it all in. You've got plenty of time! Perhaps speak to a careers advisor and even look into doing some work experience to figure out what you enjoy. I'd also recommend visiting university open days to get a feel for what the courses entail
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by ignorantstudent)

Which uni to go to and which course to do is a pretty big decision so I wouldn't say you're overthinking it!

Have you been to any uni open days? These can be pretty useful in helping you decide where to go and what to do.

I would say a business/business management course might be more practical than economics, so if you see yourself running a business in the future that might be for you. But I'd strongly suggest that you visit some unis and go to some talks as this really helps a lot of people decide.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (74)
17.54%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (269)
63.74%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.98%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.74%

Watched Threads