Getting a job Watch

Chewbecca72
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys, so recently I decided not to go to university and I really need a job. I applied for about 150 on indeed since the holidays began and signed myself up to 2 agencies. I really have not had much luck which I'm assuming is because everywhere wants experience which I lack as I've never had a job before. Any advice on how I would go about getting a job other than what I've already tried. My boyfriends mum also knows some people at one of the agencies I signed up to and she had a word with them about getting me a job. They say they're trying to get this company to sign with them and they can get me a job with them but it's been about 3 weeks since they said that so I'm kind of anxious about what's going on. I'm getting kinda paranoid about what's going on.
Random_Student
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not everyone advertises their jobs online, although that is hard to believe nowadays. I got my first job by approaching a nursery and asking if they’re looking for any employees.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Chewbecca72)
Hey guys, so recently I decided not to go to university and I really need a job. I applied for about 150 on indeed since the holidays began and signed myself up to 2 agencies. I really have not had much luck which I'm assuming is because everywhere wants experience which I lack as I've never had a job before. Any advice on how I would go about getting a job other than what I've already tried. My boyfriends mum also knows some people at one of the agencies I signed up to and she had a word with them about getting me a job. They say they're trying to get this company to sign with them and they can get me a job with them but it's been about 3 weeks since they said that so I'm kind of anxious about what's going on. I'm getting kinda paranoid about what's going on.
Keep trying and just offer your CV up at every opportunity. Have you considered apprenticeships, as a lot of school leavers are now choosing this route instead of university so it might be a good way to get your foot in the door
MyMomsKitty
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
on obseekrs?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.76%
Excited (150)
8.99%
Worried (302)
18.09%
Terrified (374)
22.41%
Meh (153)
9.17%
Confused (37)
2.22%