The Student Room Group

Xaveriannnnn college

IS XAVERIAN actuallyy a good college?
Reply 1
Original post by happpyy1234
IS XAVERIAN actuallyy a good college?

I went to Xaverian college (in Manchester) and just finished yr13. I honestly loved the college even though I kinda disliked my high school. Everyone is really friendly and it has a more relaxed atmosphere than other colleges I've seen - people tend to get really good grades from there though so I think a calmer atmosphere helps.

It's sort of known as an arty college because it's really high up in the country for music but I did physics, biology, maths and theology and found it great for all my subjects (though I found maths the hardest).

Plus they give out a level results at 6am online which is good (some colleges make you go in in person to collect them) i get my scores tomorrow.
Original post by Ellie Sandiford
I went to Xaverian college (in Manchester) and just finished yr13. I honestly loved the college even though I kinda disliked my high school. Everyone is really friendly and it has a more relaxed atmosphere than other colleges I've seen - people tend to get really good grades from there though so I think a calmer atmosphere helps.

It's sort of known as an arty college because it's really high up in the country for music but I did physics, biology, maths and theology and found it great for all my subjects (though I found maths the hardest).

Plus they give out a level results at 6am online which is good (some colleges make you go in in person to collect them) i get my scores tomorrow.

thank you so much :smile: i wish you all the best for your results!
can i ask how difficult it would be for a student taking two sciences???
Reply 3
thank you so much :smile: i wish you all the best for your results!
can i ask how difficult it would be for a student taking two sciences???

It's not too hard. Science subjects tend to have less homework than essay subjects so while you have to spend more time memorising facts you wouldn't need to spend as much time on it as say english where you have to do tonnes of writing. Plus science subject exams are kind of similar so if you do two you don't need to learn a completely new exam technique like you would if all your exam were totally different.

If you want to do a sciency thing at uni most unis ask for 2 Sciences so that's also worth considering.

Good luck, what subjects were you thinking of doing?
It's not too hard. Science subjects tend to have less homework than essay subjects so while you have to spend more time memorising facts you wouldn't need to spend as much time on it as say english where you have to do tonnes of writing. Plus science subject exams are kind of similar so if you do two you don't need to learn a completely new exam technique like you would if all your exam were totally different.

If you want to do a sciency thing at uni most unis ask for 2 Sciences so that's also worth considering.

Good luck, what subjects were you thinking of doing?

chem, bio and psychology
Reply 5
chem, bio and psychology

That's a good combination, you do a little bit of biology in psychology (with neurons and stuff) so people who do both tend to benefit from being able to learn the same thing twice and use it for two subjects :smile:
That's a good combination, you do a little bit of biology in psychology (with neurons and stuff) so people who do both tend to benefit from being able to learn the same thing twice and use it for two subjects :smile:

thanks a lot for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending