Weight Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys, I know this is a general question a fat person would ask but how do I lose weight? I know there's no secret formula to losing weight but I feel like every time I've dieted and gone to the gym I give up. After giving up, I get way heavier than I was before. It is so hard to lose weight for me because I get so ****ing lazy and then binge eat. I've literally gotten so fat that I can't do a lot of things anymore that I could do with ease back then. I've considered getting a personal trainer but all the trainers around where I live actually suck ass. I'm just really upset about how I've let myself go after my break up, I want to change but I suck at being motivated.
Dunya
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Find yourself a motivation factor.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Caloric deficit of 500 count your total intake - 500 and that’s how many calories you should consume
In order to reach that you can do exercise to burn calories
Try intermittent fasting as well for immediate results
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
umbrellala
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi guys, I know this is a general question a fat person would ask but how do I lose weight? I know there's no secret formula to losing weight but I feel like every time I've dieted and gone to the gym I give up. After giving up, I get way heavier than I was before. It is so hard to lose weight for me because I get so ****ing lazy and then binge eat. I've literally gotten so fat that I can't do a lot of things anymore that I could do with ease back then. I've considered getting a personal trainer but all the trainers around where I live actually suck ass. I'm just really upset about how I've let myself go after my break up, I want to change but I suck at being motivated.
Don't aim for quick or instant results, it's better to slowly reduce the amount of unhealthy foods from your diet and slowly increase activity levels. If you do it too quickly you will binge and put all the weight back on. An aim of 1-2lb (0.5-1kg) a week is sustainable. It might be helpful to track calorie/macro intake for a few weeks if you're not aware of which foods are the most energy dense or most 'unhealthy'. Personally I've always done it through intuitive eating, although that only worked for me once I became relatively well-educated on which foods I could eat in abundance and which foods I shouldn't. If volume of food is an issue for you and you often find yourself feeling hungry on diets, eat foods with a low energy density in high amounts. Treats are also important, but the main thing for me is usually avoiding boredom eating and keeping 'bad' food choices out of the house.
nulogicsound
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey! I feel ya! I'm the same - I have a 'good' couple of days i.e exercise and diet and then it's almost as if I enjoy sabotaging myself and I get so mad at myself every time.

When I've been really successful is when I have a buddy with the same goals. So say I tell myself I'm going to the gym this eve, I might get home and think nah but if I'm going with a friend it kind of holds me accountable and gets my ass into the gym!!

You essentially need to move more and eat less. Can you start this month by getting your steps up to 10,000 a day maybe? Don't change your diet. Still eat whatever you want. And then when you are hitting that goal add in another small change to your diet. Weight loss is hard so breaking it into smaller more manageable goals might help.

It's not just about weight here right? It's about your health and happiness so maybe lay off weighing yourself too (assuming you do) and just try and make some lifestyle changes.

Good luck!
sknudson
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Only you can find the motivation in you and it'll come at a point when you actually hit rock bottom and can't go any lower. I remember mine: I woke up from a binge of something other than food tipping the scales at 24 St, which is when I hit the gym and never looked back about five years ago now. While I still fluctuate all over the place, things are a lot more steady nowadays and I'm currently weighing in at 16 St. I'm assuming you haven't hit that point yet. When you're ready for a proper diet commitment, then this ebook will be waiting for you: https://uk.atkins.com/static/default...ood%20List.pdf
Last edited by sknudson; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%