In a weird situation atm... Watch

TSR_Leon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Let's start from the beginning.

I used to live just north of London in Camden during year 11 and I applied to all sixth forms near there including some notable sixth forms such as Woodhouse, Fortismere, Laswap etc.

Right after GCSEs had ended Woodhouse accepted me but I moved to south east London and now I'm really nervous since Woodhouse is so far away from where I live now and no other grammar schools near me accept late applications.

What they instead want me to do is to meet them at results day to enrol into sixth form IF I meet their requirements which are really high. For instance, if I were to have picked Maths, most of the grammar schools requires me to get a bloody 8 if the course is oversubscribed which I believe it is since it's been 7 months since the deadline.

I'm scared if I don't get to pick the subjects that I want to do in the future because all of them are oversubscribed and I can't achieve the required grade. I'm so scared that I might not end up getting into sixth form if my grades are so low.

Can anyone inform me on what I should do if I don't get the necessary grades to get into sixth form on results day?

disclaimer: i typed this on the phone so forgive me if there are grammar mistakes. feel free to ask me a question if you don't understand a certain part.
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TSR_Leon)
Let's start from the beginning.

I used to live just north of London in Camden during year 11 and I applied to all sixth forms near there including some notable sixth forms such as Woodhouse, Fortismere, Laswap etc.

Right after GCSEs had ended Woodhouse accepted me but I moved to south east London and now I'm really nervous since Woodhouse is so far away from where I live now and no other grammar schools near me accept late applications.

What they instead want me to do is to meet them at results day to enrol into sixth form IF I meet their requirements which are really high. For instance, if I were to have picked Maths, most of the grammar schools requires me to get a bloody 8 if the course is oversubscribed which I believe it is since it's been 7 months since the deadline.

I'm scared if I don't get to pick the subjects that I want to do in the future because all of them are oversubscribed and I can't achieve the required grade. I'm so scared that I might not end up getting into sixth form if my grades are so low.

Can anyone inform me on what I should do if I don't get the necessary grades to get into sixth form on results day?

disclaimer: i typed this on the phone so forgive me if there are grammar mistakes. feel free to ask me a question if you don't understand a certain part.
I think your best option is to wait and see what results you get and then sit down to discuss it with them regardless of the outcome (assuming you still want to enrol with them).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%