Xyx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Which is more accurate to representing the quality of education you'd get from a university, the Complete University Guide or the Guardian's league tables?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
No guide is 100% accurate. CUG is more reliable than GUG. They measure different things.
Xyx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
No guide is 100% accurate. CUG is more reliable than GUG. They measure different things.
Ah, I see. I was just a bit concerned since I was looking at the two league tables for Psychology courses in London, and I noticed they gave universities different placings (e.g. Westminster 106th in the Guardian but 75th in CUG), so I was wondering which one would be more trustworthy. Do you know any other tables I can crossreference or what factors they measure?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Xyx)
Ah, I see. I was just a bit concerned since I was looking at the two league tables for Psychology courses in London, and I noticed they gave universities different placings (e.g. Westminster 106th in the Guardian but 75th in CUG), so I was wondering which one would be more trustworthy. Do you know any other tables I can crossreference or what factors they measure?
GUG tend to go largely on student satisfaction and the National Student Survey which makes them very unreliable as students from lower universities tend to give their university higher marks than higher graded universities. CUG goes on things like Entry Standards and quality of degrees. No guide will be very accurate for subjects as the numbers surveyed are very small each year and liable to huge fluctuations each year,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads