Will I get in in these circumstances? Watch

TAEuler
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okay so my offer for Maths at Nottingham University is AAA or A*AB (with the A*A in Maths & Further Maths or vice versa. I think I probably got A*BB. Would I likely still get in? Also, I did the AEA and will receive my results for that too tomorrow. If I get rejected is it a possible scenario I can phone them up and prove I got a merit/distinction in the AEA and they might change their minds?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TAEuler)
Okay so my offer for Maths at Nottingham University is AAA or A*AB (with the A*A in Maths & Further Maths or vice versa. I think I probably got A*BB. Would I likely still get in? Also, I did the AEA and will receive my results for that too tomorrow. If I get rejected is it a possible scenario I can phone them up and prove I got a merit/distinction in the AEA and they might change their minds?
it's possible but if they are already aware you are doing the AEA and they still reject you it's unlikely you could change their minds.
TAEuler
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
it's possible but if they are already aware you are doing the AEA and they still reject you it's unlikely you could change their minds.

They're not aware my teacher announced the entering of everyone in the class into it after we'd all accepted/rejected offers.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They're not aware my teacher announced the entering of everyone in the class into it after we'd all accepted/rejected offers.
then you could call them but they may not change their mind
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Strictly you wont have met your offer so they would be entitled to reject you. Whether they will nobody can tell although most universities will end up accepting you. However as they asked for A* and A in Maths and Further Maths and you will not have achieved that does make me think they might reject you.

There will be numerous options for very good Maths unis in clearing. I think Exeter accepted ABC last year
TAEuler
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Strictly you wont have met your offer so they would be entitled to reject you. Whether they will nobody can tell although most universities will end up accepting you. However as they asked for A* and A in Maths and Further Maths and you will not have achieved that does make me think they might reject you.

There will be numerous options for very good Maths unis in clearing. I think Exeter accepted ABC last year
Surely they'd value missing out on the A*AB by one grade the exact same as missing out on the AAA by one grade?
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Surely they'd value missing out on the A*AB by one grade the exact same as missing out on the AAA by one grade?
as I said only the university can really decide this. My suspicion is they might reject you for not having grade As in each of your Maths subjects. It is a personal suspicion but I might be wrong. You will have missed a key requirement not just dropped a grade. All you can do is hope for the best but if you ask a question you need to realise the answer might not be the one you want.
学生の父
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It would have been better for you to have told UCAS about the AEA after you heard you were being entered for it. They would then have amended your pending qualifications, and would have told any universities on your application.

You'll find out soon enough what your Firm and Insurance choices have decided to do with your A-level results; Track will update by 8 o'clock. Should the worst come to the worst, and your find yourself in Clearing, you could mention your AEA result alongside your A-level results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.78%
Terrified (382)
22.2%
Meh (172)
9.99%
Confused (37)
2.15%