University Decisions Watch

panickingtoearly
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm aspiring to do law as a career and am having a hard time choosing the universities I would like to attend. At the moment i have Durham as a definite and Leeds and Bristol as a maybe. Obviously there's Cambridge but tbh it doesn't really suite me. Do you have any suggestions for good law schools (hopefully from experience) that I can research??
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by panickingtoearly)
I'm aspiring to do law as a career and am having a hard time choosing the universities I would like to attend. At the moment i have Durham as a definite and Leeds and Bristol as a maybe. Obviously there's Cambridge but tbh it doesn't really suite me. Do you have any suggestions for good law schools (hopefully from experience) that I can research??
Have you ruled out London? Do you have a preference for campus Unis?
Aaryra
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What are your predictions?
panickingtoearly
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Have you ruled out London? Do you have a preference for campus Unis?
yeah sorry, i've decided against UCL, KCL, LES ect as i'd like to live away from home and i don't mind non campus unis.
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah sorry, i've decided against UCL, KCL, LES ect as i'd like to live away from home and i don't mind non campus unis.
The usual suspects would be Nottingham, York, Manchester, Exeter, Sheffield...
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Durham, very good but mind boggling boring.
WikiZz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why would you like to go to Durham if you don't mind me asking (I was considering it and I would really like a second view)? I'm actually in the same boat as you! I was thinking about Bristol too because of the rich city life, and I was also considering Glasgow because it is the top law school in Scotland. I took a look at Oxford actually but the learning style wasn't really my thing at all, but it might be yours. They actually really value independent learning more rather than just sitting in a lecture and absorbing information that way.
Last edited by WikiZz; 1 week ago
panickingtoearly
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
Durham, very good but mind boggling boring.
really, why??? I've only heard good things....
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
really, why??? I've only heard good things....
It's a tiny place, not much to do. Actually I prefer it that way, but perhaps I am being to assumptious in thinking you would love a nightlife. Although Newcastle is only a short train ride, so there is that.

Actually, what do you want? Can tell you a little about the university if you like, it is kinda funny how I may go back there for my masters, very limited choices.
WikiZz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's a tiny place, not much to do. Actually I prefer it that way, but perhaps I am being to assumptious in thinking you would love a nightlife. Although Newcastle is only a short train ride, so there is that.

Actually, what do you want? Can tell you a little about the university if you like, it is kinda funny how I may go back there for my masters, very limited choices.
What course have you done? Do you think you can tell me a bit about the law course? If not then how was the accommodation?
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by WikiZz)
What course have you done? Do you think you can tell me a bit about the law course? If not then how was the accommodation?
Did not do law, but accommodation is simply catered or non-catered, ensuite or non-ensuite. I have found that the ensuite options are not as luxurious and their non counterparts, shame really. For example St Cuthberts is a nice college, but ensuite options are not actually in the college itself, more of a B&B looking place.
panickingtoearly
Rep:
?

tbh i don't really mind but my preference is defiantly somewhere out of the city just because i grew up in the city
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
tbh i don't really mind but my preference is defiantly somewhere out of the city just because i grew up in the city
Probably be fine then.
ProfKen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hello
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%