The Student Room Group

The Great British Bake Off - The Final - 2019 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
Is it just me or are the group this year really poor compared to last year?

The showstoppers look a bit bland and basic compared to what’s come before.

I feel that the personalities haven’t come through as much either, I feel like I have a handle on Henry and that’s about it really.

I dont know why but Henry reminds me of jacob rees-mogg for some reason :lol:

but yh, this year's cohort seems bland compared to previous entries.
Reply 201
I think Rosie and then Henry will be eliminated next, unless someone else majorly messes up I'm just trying to prepare myself to soon not be able to enjoy Henry on my screen. Just found GBBO is also available on Netflix https://www.screenbinge.com/tv-shows/watch-great-british-bake-off/
Original post by quasa

Comparing Henry to Rees-Mogg?? U better catch these hands :lol:
I'm thinking that Steph will win Star Baker 4 times in a row. If that doesn't happen I think David will snatch it this week. Steph and Michael are my favourite from this seasons bake off. I see Rosie having another week struggling with festive week. I think David will come 2nd in technical as usual. Can't wait not long to go.
My Prediction for the final:
Steph, David, Alice
Almost forgot Bake off was on tonight :redface:

Festival Week this week 🤔 :woo:
interesting :yep:
Eggy rubber :rofl:
Reply 207
A bit easy to tell who was star baker and who was going to go this week. Michael has been hanging on for the past 3 weeks, just time has finally caught up with him.

I’d quite like to see a higher standard next series and possibly get rid of Prue, I don’t feel like she brings anything to it beyond saying ‘beautiful’ and people making off-hand comments about her potentially abusing alcohol.
I think Michael was the right person to leave this week. I was happy for Henry to be awarded Star Baker!
Original post by cheesecakelove
I think Michael was the right person to leave this week.

Yup, he's wasn't bad, but I think there was a difference in quality between him and the other bakers, so him leaving was pretty fair.
Original post by Mess.
A bit easy to tell who was star baker and who was going to go this week. Michael has been hanging on for the past 3 weeks, just time has finally caught up with him.

I’d quite like to see a higher standard next series and possibly get rid of Prue, I don’t feel like she brings anything to it beyond saying ‘beautiful’ and people making off-hand comments about her potentially abusing alcohol.

Not the same without Mary Berry, Empress of Cakes :frown:
Original post by quasa

Oh really? Henry reminds me of Tom Holland but that’s probably just weird old me :biggrin:.
And yeah, you’re right...
I can tell that they’re not working as hard as previous seasons...
Pastry week this week :woo:
Working a double shift next week so will probably watch GBBO at work :smile: :colondollar:
Going to be great hopefully David gets first in the technical so that Tom Allen criticises that on Extra Slice. It'll be difficult to call who's going home this week. Can't wait. Is Patissierie Week next week or something else? Normally Patissieire week is on the semi-finals.
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
Going to be great hopefully David gets first in the technical so that Tom Allen criticises that on Extra Slice. It'll be difficult to call who's going home this week. Can't wait. Is Patissierie Week next week or something else? Normally Patissieire week is on the semi-finals.

Looks like it might be from the 'coming up' bit at the end...

Quite pleased Henry has gone this week too!
David should’ve gotten Star Baker this week. Steph usually deserves but definitely not this week....imo
I've no idea how Rosie has made it this far, she's been clinging on for weeks. Or how she finished second on the technical when it didn't even make it to the table in one piece...
I thought Henry might have clung on because of the signature bake and that Rosie will be sent home. I felt that Rosie has been floundering the last few weeks and would have been sent home this week.

As much as I am a David fan, I did feel that Steph's showstopper was the best and usually the showstopper can decide who is awarded Star Baker (and who goes), so I can understand why she won over David.
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003

I don't watch Extra Slice - does Tom Allen not like David to get first?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

No trending threads to show

Trending

No trending threads to show