The Student Room Group

GCSE english

Hi, I’m going into yr 11 and I really want an 8 in lit and Lang but I’m currently at a 6. What are the best ways and methods to improve grade, and do you have any exam tips.
Thanks
Reply 1
ah good old English.

Expand your vocabulary by reading books as regularly as possible, spice it up by reading different genres or ask your teacher for recommendations.

CGP revision guides are lifesavers, I can't stress this enough.

past papers - I recommend giving them to a reliable teacher to mark after doing them because some questions are quite hard to self mark.

Find some videos online for English lit especially
Hi ,
I have recently sat my GCSE for English Lang and Lit and I am currently awaiting my results!! I would avoid using CGP revision guides as every Tom **** and Harry sitting their GCSE’s in your year group will be writing information from them in exams !! I learned that the highest you can get from learning the CGP revision guide content is a grade 5. Instead ,to get a grade 7/8/9 you should be original and come up with your own ideas as interpretations (examiners love this) .when I sat my GCSE this year I found a teacher on YouTube called Stacey reay ; she helped me a lot , she does grade 9 videos ,as well as grade 5/6 videos . If I was you I would watch all the videos and make notes as I go and finally condense these notes and put them on flash cards . I would also male a word bank of all the vocabulary which can be used in the exam, I have some notes if you would like , private message me and I will send you it.

I wish you the best of luck !!

Quick Reply

Latest