HELP!!! Geology or Psychology A level Watch

manny123456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm in year 11 and I am really unsure about what a levels to pick as my third. I am already taking Biology, Geography and Politics AS.
aesthete1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I didn't take geology a level but I do it at uni and I love it as a subject, especially if you enjoy and are good as geography I think it'd compliment it really well
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
han0110
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it all depends on what you're looking to do in the future.
panickingtoearly
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Geography already includes geology so maybe pick psychology for more of a range of subjects. However my best advice is to flip a coin if your disappointed or excited by the outcome then you'll know what to pick
manny123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by panickingtoearly)
Geography already includes geology so maybe pick psychology for more of a range of subjects. However my best advice is to flip a coin if your disappointed or excited by the outcome then you'll know what to pick
i did flip a coin, but then i was excited and disappointed for both outcome
manny123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by han0110)
it all depends on what you're looking to do in the future.
i plan to do a biology degree then a masters in neuroscience or paleontology.which again puts me at the predicament of a level psychology or geology as they both relate to the degrees that I want to do.
soup.bucket
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by manny123456)
i plan to do a biology degree then a masters in neuroscience or paleontology.which again puts me at the predicament of a level psychology or geology as they both relate to the degrees that I want to do.
I imagine the geography should have you covered for if you want to do a master's in paleontology, so perhaps doing psychology will help on the neuroscience side? Although my knowledge of how psychological it is is limited, so I don't know if this is very helpful.

Good luck on making your decision!
panickingtoearly
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i did flip a coin, but then i was excited and disappointed for both outcome
oh no, sorry
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm in year 11 and I am really unsure about what a levels to pick as my third. I am already taking Biology, Geography and Politics AS.
You already have 3 subjects. Why are you wanting to take another one? Universities will just ignore a 4th subject. It'd be pointless doing an extra one since it'll do you no favours apart from giving you more stress and an increased workload.
Last edited by Quick-use; 1 week ago
panickingtoearly
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
You already have 3 subjects. Why are you talking another one? Universities will just ignore a 4th subject. It'd be pointless doing an extra one since it'll do you no favours apart from giving you more stress and an increased workload.
Actually very true, focus on the 3 you have already chosen or switch one out for geology or psychology, but either way make it easier for yourself. I had the same problem until someone pointed it out to me
manny123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by panickingtoearly)
Actually very true, focus on the 3 you have already chosen or switch one out for geology or psychology, but either way make it easier for yourself. I had the same problem until someone pointed it out to me
At my school we have to do 4 and personally for me i already know most of the content for politics AS so i imagine it wont be too much of a hassle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%