Kaurrr
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys, I’m planning to start a distance learning course with Oxbridge Home Learning soon for my A Levels. However, I’m not sure if sociology (AQA) or classical civilisation (OCR) would be a better subject to go with RE (edexcel) and eng. lit (AQA)...In the future I’d like to go into journalism/writing, acting, or possibly work with the UN in some way. I received an A* in Lit and Global Perspectives IGCSE, but haven’t taken the other a level subjects at igcse level.
Last edited by Kaurrr; 1 year ago
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kaurrr)
Hey guys, I’m planning to start a distance learning course with Oxbridge Home Learning soon for my A Levels. However, I’m not sure if sociology (AQA) or classical civilisation (OCR) would be a better subject to go with RE (edexcel) and eng. lit (AQA)...In the future I’d like to go into journalism/writing, acting, or possibly work with the UN in some way. I received an A* in Lit and Global Perspectives IGCSE, but haven’t taken the other a level subjects at igcse level.
Honestly, I think either would be good. Why not look through the syllabuses and see which appeals the most?
Kaurrr
Rep:
?
I have, but I’m still really torn between the two 😩
username4549044
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I’m enrolling for a levels next week with Oxbridge, I’ve legit been looking for someone in the same boat as me for ages haha. Hope you figure out what you’re gonna do x
Kaurrr
Rep:
?
(Original post by ben_golding45)
Hey, I’m enrolling for a levels next week with Oxbridge, I’ve legit been looking for someone in the same boat as me for ages haha. Hope you figure out what you’re gonna do x
I decided on sociology, RS, and Lit- thanks. I enrolled a couple days ago with Oxbridge, and was really confused when I got log in details from the National Extension College instead. Oxbridge basically just sends you to the NEC, but charges 100 - 150 pounds extra. I had never seen anything about the NEC before on Oxbridge’s website, otherwise I’d have just gone straight to them. Just something to bear in mind...the reason they say they charge extra is because of the pop up online chat they have till 10pm and 24/7 student support (on the NEC it’s only 9-5).
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I decided on sociology, RS, and Lit- thanks. I enrolled a couple days ago with Oxbridge, and was really confused when I got log in details from the National Extension College instead. Oxbridge basically just sends you to the NEC, but charges 100 - 150 pounds extra. I had never seen anything about the NEC before on Oxbridge’s website, otherwise I’d have just gone straight to them. Just something to bear in mind...the reason they say they charge extra is because of the pop up online chat they have till 10pm and 24/7 student support (on the NEC it’s only 9-5).
wait what?! is this on top of the deposit you can do?
Kaurrr
Rep:
?
wait what?! is this on top of the deposit you can do?
I’m not sure, I paid upfront 🤷🏽*♀️ Maybe compare Oxbridge’s monthly installments to NEC’s?
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ffs so they’re part of the same company then? bc NEC is under inspection for fraud and have deleted loads of their trust pilot reviews
Kaurrr
Rep:
?
Ffs so they’re part of the same company then? bc NEC is under inspection for fraud and have deleted loads of their trust pilot reviews
Whaaaaat?!! Okay, didn’t know that. I didn’t think they were part of the same company, Oxbridge just send you on to be tutored at NEC, and that’s where your course materials all come from. And then Oxbridge keep the extra money. But if NEC are under inspection for fraud, then maybe they are the same company but aren’t letting on...so far I’ve only enrolled for Lit. Think I’m gonna wait a while for this to clear up before I enrol in the next two A-Levels.
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Whaaaaat?!! Okay, didn’t know that. I didn’t think they were part of the same company, Oxbridge just send you on to be tutored at NEC, and that’s where your course materials all come from. And then Oxbridge keep the extra money. But if NEC are under inspection for fraud, then maybe they are the same company but aren’t letting on...so far I’ve only enrolled for Lit. Think I’m gonna wait a while for this to clear up before I enrol in the next two A-Levels.
spoke to an advisor, she said the extra money is for unlimited tutoring where as NEC don’t apply that but it’s because but they’re done nationally, turns out it’s the IGCSES that are under investigation as people haven’t been being charged so not a levels are under investigation they’d got loads of fake reviews as well from people who have never signed up either
Last edited by username4549044; 1 year ago
Kaurrr
Rep:
?
spoke to an advisor, she said the extra money is for unlimited tutoring where as NEC don’t apply that but it’s because but they’re done nationally, turns out it’s the IGCSES that are under investigation as people haven’t been being charged so not a levels are under investigation they’d got loads of fake reviews as well from people who have never signed up either
Oh okay, that makes sense
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! Did you enrol in the others in the end? I’ve enrolled for my three A levels. How are you finding them?
Kaurrr
Rep:
?
Hey! Did you enrol in the others in the end? I’ve enrolled for my three A levels. How are you finding them?
Hi there, I have enrolled in all three and am starting RS today. So far, I’m really enjoying it. No complaints at all. How about you? Which A Levels are you taking?
JMH1628
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you two just meet up and be buddies? Go get drunk and make questionable choices 😂
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there, I have enrolled in all three and am starting RS today. So far, I’m really enjoying it. No complaints at all. How about you? Which A Levels are you taking?
I’m properly starting mine full time today. I’m doing Sociology, English lit and psychology
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Screaming😂😂
(Original post by JMH1628)
Can you two just meet up and be buddies? Go get drunk and make questionable choices 😂
Kaurrr
Rep:
?
(Original post by JMH1628)
Lmao @ questionable choices 😂
Kaurrr
Rep:
?
I’m properly starting mine full time today. I’m doing Sociology, English lit and psychology
Cool, similar to me then.
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cool, similar to me then.
Which ones did you go for in the end?
Kaurrr
Rep:
?
Which ones did you go for in the end?
Sociology, Religious Studies and English literature
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.63%
I don't have everything I need (260)
44.37%

Watched Threads