Original post by Kaurrr
Sociology, Religious Studies and English literature

Ahhh Nice!
Reply 21
Original post by ben_golding45
Ahhh Nice!

:smile:)
Original post by Kaurrr
I decided on sociology, RS, and Lit- thanks. I enrolled a couple days ago with Oxbridge, and was really confused when I got log in details from the National Extension College instead. Oxbridge basically just sends you to the NEC, but charges 100 - 150 pounds extra. I had never seen anything about the NEC before on Oxbridge’s website, otherwise I’d have just gone straight to them. Just something to bear in mind...the reason they say they charge extra is because of the pop up online chat they have till 10pm and 24/7 student support (on the NEC it’s only 9-5).

Thats exactly what happened to me and i was so confused, thank god im not the only one that did get put on a NEC course, i thought somehwere i clicked on the wrong link by accident
I’m actually in the process of trying to cancel but it’s not currently working out atm so I’m still having to pay for it 🙄
Reply 24
Original post by leahread
Thats exactly what happened to me and i was so confused, thank god im not the only one that did get put on a NEC course, i thought somehwere i clicked on the wrong link by accident

Have you continued with the NEC?
Reply 25
I’m actually in the process of trying to cancel but it’s not currently working out atm so I’m still having to pay for it 🙄

I think you can cancel within 14 days of paying..?
Original post by Kaurrr
I think you can cancel within 14 days of paying..?

its been over 14 days so no chance of cancelling even though i’m unemployed and studying at a college
Reply 27
its been over 14 days so no chance of cancelling even though i’m unemployed and studying at a college

Oh, that’s difficult :/
I’m guessing the NEC didn’t work for you then?
Original post by Kaurrr
Oh, that’s difficult :/
I’m guessing the NEC didn’t work for you then?

was more the fact that it’s not even through oxbridge, didn’t like the look of NEC hence why i went through oxbridge so to not even be through them was real ****.
Reply 29
was more the fact that it’s not even through oxbridge, didn’t like the look of NEC hence why i went through oxbridge so to not even be through them was real ****.

Yeah, I get that. It’s annoying they weren’t so transparent about it all.
Original post by Kaurrr
I decided on sociology, RS, and Lit- thanks. I enrolled a couple days ago with Oxbridge, and was really confused when I got log in details from the National Extension College instead. Oxbridge basically just sends you to the NEC, but charges 100 - 150 pounds extra. I had never seen anything about the NEC before on Oxbridge’s website, otherwise I’d have just gone straight to them. Just something to bear in mind...the reason they say they charge extra is because of the pop up online chat they have till 10pm and 24/7 student support (on the NEC it’s only 9-5).

I just started (well tried to) Spanish with NEC but it’s so confusing on how to actually start learning. I go on dynamic learning website and they just expect me to read off the textbook and not have lessons set for me ?
Original post by xxjessxx20
I just started (well tried to) Spanish with NEC but it’s so confusing on how to actually start learning. I go on dynamic learning website and they just expect me to read off the textbook and not have lessons set for me ?

Yuppp, in all honesty. Look at a college that will take you on it’s so much better and you will actually learn. Be sure to cancel within the 14 day period or you will have to pay the full price
Yuppp, in all honesty. Look at a college that will take you on it’s so much better and you will actually learn. Be sure to cancel within the 14 day period or you will have to pay the full price

But I have personal reasons on why I wanted to be homeschooled
You could maybe find a tutor who can do Skype sessions? Do sets you tasks each week and discusses them.
I was a bit meh when I discovered my online gcse was basically just a (very long) textbook, I could have bought the revision books and extra reading and done it myself based on the slyabus!
Original post by xxjessxx20
But I have personal reasons on why I wanted to be homeschooled

i had personal reasons but you gotta do what’s best for you but if you wanna do well at home you gotta swat and put in so much extra effort to the point it’s exhausting because you have no one to tell you exactly what to do
Hey did any of you sign up with Oxbridge home learning and how was it?

Quick Reply

Latest