I don`t what career I want to do Watch

Caadey
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Results day is coming up and I still don`t know what career I want to do. I`m interested History, sociology, anthropology, Law and Biology. I want a career where I`m helping people and making a difference. For A-levels I did History, English Lit, Sociology and Applied science.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Caadey)
...I want a career where I`m helping people and making a difference....
A lot of people help others and make a difference - just in many different ways.

Do you have any ideas yourself what you don't want to do? That'll help narrow things down.
LWare
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Results day is coming up and I still don`t know what career I want to do. I`m interested History, sociology, anthropology, Law and Biology. I want a career where I`m helping people and making a difference. For A-levels I did History, English Lit, Sociology and Applied science.
Maybe study Philosophy? A huge chunk of Philosophy is based on ethics, and justice, and what it means to be human and how to bring about a better world!
Caadey
Rep:
?
(Original post by LWare)
Maybe study Philosophy? A huge chunk of Philosophy is based on ethics, and justice, and what it means to be human and how to bring about a better world!
That`s sound interesting I`ll look into it
Caadey
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
A lot of people help others and make a difference - just in many different ways.

Do you have any ideas yourself what you don't want to do? That'll help narrow things down.
I don`t want to do Nursing.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I don`t want to do Nursing.
Would you want to work outdoors / indoors / at people's houses?

Would you like a physical or indoors job?

What about the salary - do you mind that it's not too high?

The education required - would you be happy studying longer or would you want to dive in a career now?

Would you like to be in a vocation?
Caadey
Rep:
?
Studying Longer
LWare
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
That`s sound interesting I`ll look into it
Perfect!
History, English Lit, Sociology and Applied science...and an interest in changing the world. Yeah, you'd be perfect for Philosophy! Come study with me at Kent?! What are you looking for, uni-wise?
Caadey
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Last edited by Caadey; 2 days ago
Caadey
Rep:
?
(Original post by LWare)
Perfect!
History, English Lit, Sociology and Applied science...and an interest in changing the world. Yeah, you'd be perfect for Philosophy! Come study with me at Kent?! What are you looking for, uni-wise?
Originally I was thinking South-west area . But I`m open to going further a feild
Caadey
Rep:
?
Would you want to work outdoors / indoors / at people's houses?

Would you like a physical or indoors job?

What about the salary - do you mind that it's not too high?

The education required - would you be happy studying longer or would you want to dive in a career now?

Would you like to be in a vocation
I was thinking of careers like being a Teacher or Lawyer.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I was thinking of careers like being a Teacher or Lawyer.
Ta-da! There you go, a teacher or lawyer in the South West.
Caadey
Rep:
?
Ta-da! There you go, a teacher or lawyer in the South West.
sorry I was giving them as examples for professional careers . But you know what I will consider it
LWare
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Originally I was thinking South-west area . But I`m open to going further a feild
Well, ok so, undergrad is mainly about developing critical skills you can go and use in other areas outside university. If you're interested in teaching and law...main skills there would be like: reading and understanding texts/ideas/materials/people, getting the main ideas, and being able to communicate in a variety of styles to champion a point. You need this in law and in teaching. Texts and argument analysis and logic and communication are what Philosophy's all about!
Caadey
Rep:
?
(Original post by LWare)
Well, ok so, undergrad is mainly about developing critical skills you can go and use in other areas outside university. If you're interested in teaching and law...main skills there would be like: reading and understanding texts/ideas/materials/people, getting the main ideas, and being able to communicate in a variety of styles to champion a point. You need this in law and in teaching. Texts and argument analysis and logic and communication are what Philosophy's all about!
okay cool
Ja78975
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Out of curiosity, was the exam board Edexcel for Applied Science, because I'm currently taking it for one of my subjects and I'm about to go into Yr13
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anagogic
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Our passions constantly change so your best bet is to do something which keeps as many doors open as possible.
Caadey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ja78975)
Out of curiosity, was the exam board Edexcel for Applied Science, because I'm currently taking it for one of my subjects and I'm about to go into Yr13
It was AQA
Ja78975
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
It was AQA
oh ok
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Thurnis Haley
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
QA apprenticeships have a clearing hotline today! Give them a call and see if you could jump straight into a qualification and a job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (73)
17.63%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (264)
63.77%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.77%

Watched Threads