English literature Watch

alllll21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
how can i link my psychology a level to a degree in english literature and language in my personal statement?
olivia.francesca
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Psychology a level is an essay subject isn’t it? And you could talk about how vital lang and lit are in many other career branches (like the scientific community when writing about research and new psychological theories)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
alllll21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by olivia.francesca)
Psychology a level is an essay subject isn’t it? And you could talk about how vital lang and lit are in many other career branches (like the scientific community when writing about research and new psychological theories)
Thank you
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by alllll21)
Thank you
You don't need to mention your A Levels at all in your PS - focus on how you've developed your interest outside of the classroom!
Lima_bean
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Well most of the great works of literature incorporate ideas surrounding the human condition: literature is literally an artistic version of psychology. We all yearn to learn about how our minds work and how love, addiction, distress et. al. can be explained. Name any renowned book, and you'll see it explores the problems of a human mind. Some people turn to Science, and others turn to the written word.
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Lima_bean)
Well most of the great works of literature incorporate ideas surrounding the human condition: literature is literally an artistic version of psychology. We all yearn to learn about how our minds work and how love, addiction, distress et. al. can be explained. Name any renowned book, and you'll see it explores the problems of a human mind. Some people turn to Science, and others turn to the written word.
Yes but to actually link the literature to psychological theories is a tenuous link. Especially what is covered at A Level
Lima_bean
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Interrobang)
Yes but to actually link the literature to psychological theories is a tenuous link. Especially what is covered at A Level
I agree that it's probably a bad idea to link scientific theories with literature, that would be ridiculous. But, certainly there is a core link between the interest in Psychology and the interest in Literature? ... I feel personal statements should be personal, like an exposition on your own choices and ultimate goal.
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Lima_bean)
I agree that it's probably a bad idea to link scientific theories with literature, that would be ridiculous. But, certainly there is a core link between the interest in Psychology and the interest in Literature? ... I feel personal statements should be personal, like an exposition on your own choices and ultimate goal.
Talking about A Levels is far from personal and unique - the admissions tutors will know about them and what they cover. They just need to focus on literature and not talk about psychology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (168)
13.1%
Excited (111)
8.66%
Worried (235)
18.33%
Terrified (299)
23.32%
Meh (103)
8.03%
Confused (32)
2.5%