The Student Room Group

English literature

how can i link my psychology a level to a degree in english literature and language in my personal statement?
Psychology a level is an essay subject isn’t it? And you could talk about how vital lang and lit are in many other career branches (like the scientific community when writing about research and new psychological theories)
Reply 2
Original post by olivia.francesca
Psychology a level is an essay subject isn’t it? And you could talk about how vital lang and lit are in many other career branches (like the scientific community when writing about research and new psychological theories)

Thank you :smile:
Original post by alllll21
Thank you :smile:

You don't need to mention your A Levels at all in your PS - focus on how you've developed your interest outside of the classroom!
Well most of the great works of literature incorporate ideas surrounding the human condition: literature is literally an artistic version of psychology. We all yearn to learn about how our minds work and how love, addiction, distress et. al. can be explained. Name any renowned book, and you'll see it explores the problems of a human mind. Some people turn to Science, and others turn to the written word.
Original post by Lima_bean
Well most of the great works of literature incorporate ideas surrounding the human condition: literature is literally an artistic version of psychology. We all yearn to learn about how our minds work and how love, addiction, distress et. al. can be explained. Name any renowned book, and you'll see it explores the problems of a human mind. Some people turn to Science, and others turn to the written word.

Yes but to actually link the literature to psychological theories is a tenuous link. Especially what is covered at A Level
Original post by Interrobang
Yes but to actually link the literature to psychological theories is a tenuous link. Especially what is covered at A Level

I agree that it's probably a bad idea to link scientific theories with literature, that would be ridiculous. But, certainly there is a core link between the interest in Psychology and the interest in Literature? ... I feel personal statements should be personal, like an exposition on your own choices and ultimate goal.
Original post by Lima_bean
I agree that it's probably a bad idea to link scientific theories with literature, that would be ridiculous. But, certainly there is a core link between the interest in Psychology and the interest in Literature? ... I feel personal statements should be personal, like an exposition on your own choices and ultimate goal.

Talking about A Levels is far from personal and unique - the admissions tutors will know about them and what they cover. They just need to focus on literature and not talk about psychology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending