Does a UK student need to do ACT or SAT for US uni? Watch

paleontologist
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I am thinking about doing a computer science degree in the US. However, I have heard that you need SAT or ACT scores to put on your application. The thing is, I am starting Year 12 in September and I would be applying to universities in Year 13. I don’t think I have enough time to study for it and get a good enough score to have a good chance at getting into any good universities there. Do I absolutely have to submit either an ACT or a SAT score, or are there any kind of exceptions/alternatives for British students?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
umbrellala
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by paleontologist)
I am thinking about doing a computer science degree in the US. However, I have heard that you need SAT or ACT scores to put on your application. The thing is, I am starting Year 12 in September and I would be applying to universities in Year 13. I don’t think I have enough time to study for it and get a good enough score to have a good chance at getting into any good universities there. Do I absolutely have to submit either an ACT or a SAT score, or are there any kind of exceptions/alternatives for British students?
I'm not sure but I think you might have to... A girl in my form who was in year 12 applied to US unis and was always studying for the ACT during form time. You can definitely find the answer on google though, just look at whichever unis you're interested in online and they'll have a set of requirements for international students
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.38%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.49%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.25%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.04%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.65%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise