The Student Room Group

Credit Transfer for Open University Undergraduate Degree

Hi, I completed 1.5 Years of a 3 year degree (LLB Law) 5 years ago. I would now like to complete my degree via the OU. I have applied for a credit transfer but wondered how many credits I will actually be allowed to transfer and can I select which modules they can be applied to? For example, I have studied Tort and EU Law and came out with good grades, so it makes sense to not do these subjects again! Any advice of credit transfer and OU would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Original post by schulz123
Hi, I completed 1.5 Years of a 3 year degree (LLB Law) 5 years ago. I would now like to complete my degree via the OU. I have applied for a credit transfer but wondered how many credits I will actually be allowed to transfer and can I select which modules they can be applied to? For example, I have studied Tort and EU Law and came out with good grades, so it makes sense to not do these subjects again! Any advice of credit transfer and OU would be much appreciated. Thanks.

To be honest, I think this is something you are going to have to discuss in detail with the OU, people on here probably won't be able to give you specifics.

You could try posting in the Open University forum, though.
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
To be honest, I think this is something you are going to have to discuss in detail with the OU, people on here probably won't be able to give you specifics.

You could try posting in the Open University forum, though.

Thanks. Good idea. I just thought someone may have had a recent experience hence.
Reply 3
I can't comment on the OU specifically but can say what I have done at my university. For credit transfer we look at specific modules contents (not just topics) and map across to gain maximum exemptions. Contact the OU and be prepared to have to get full module details (not just transcript with module titles).
Reply 4
Original post by DEdEdD
I can't comment on the OU specifically but can say what I have done at my university. For credit transfer we look at specific modules contents (not just topics) and map across to gain maximum exemptions. Contact the OU and be prepared to have to get full module details (not just transcript with module titles).

Many thanks for your advice. I have received communication from OU who have confirmed that i am able to transfer 120 credits which is great news!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending