Is this how you do notes I don’t have a clue what I’m doing or how to make them :/ Watch

BizzFrog22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Photos will be down below
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
Name:  51B8DC11-0982-4EC3-9351-46F834F9E344.jpg.jpeg
Views: 4
Size:  26.8 KBName:  C4EB9F9F-69F6-457D-9BE2-C5BA121BFF81.jpg.jpeg
Views: 6
Size:  32.1 KB
BrandonS15
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by BizzFrog22)
Photos will be down below
Notes can be in any form. There isn’t a set way of taking notes. You write the information in such a way which suits you the most; such a way which your able to understand what it is your taking notes on. Just a note, people like to use colours to take notes as it helps them see differences clearly. I read a study online which showed using colour does help your brain to seperate sections of information when taking notes. Ultimately its what works best with your brain and only you know that.
Last edited by BrandonS15; 6 days ago
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Notes can vary between everyone. There's no specific way to write them, though there are techniques you can use, such as the Cornell method.

I think your notes look very neat and have a good structure
BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Notes can vary between everyone. There's no specific way to write them, though there are techniques you can use, such as the Cornell method.

I think your notes look very neat and have a good structure
Thank I thought I was doing it wrong because it looks like a lot of information on my paper 😂

What I’m gonna be doing is a title then subtitles and put the information in there and possible do bulletpoints and maybe some sentences too.

I am so glad I am doing it right tho
BizzFrog22
Rep:
?
(Original post by BrandonS15)
Notes can be in any form. There isn’t a set way of taking notes. You write the information in such a way which suits you the most; such a way which your able to understand what it is your taking notes on. Just a note, people like to use colours to take notes as it helps them see differences clearly. I read a study online which showed using colour does help your brain to seperate sections of information when taking notes. Ultimately its what works best with your brain and only you know that.
So would you say my notes are useful?
sunnymummy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by BizzFrog22)
So would you say my notes are useful?
Hi!

If you can understand what you’ve written then they’ll be useful.

I personally print off the lecture slides before each lecture (providing they’re uploaded haha) and write on them. I usually make a point of writing what the lecturer says that isn’t on the slide as they can mention lots of little things, such as books or articles to have a look at. If I have no slides printed off I take notes using the same method. So if something is said that’s pertinent I’ll write down the slide number then add the note.

I personally find that if I’m making lots of notes I’m not actively listening and taking in the information.

It’s whatever works for you. Btw I once read that using blue ink helps you remember things better. Don’t know if it’s true but I use blue pens just in case 😉
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (111)
14.4%
Excited (74)
9.6%
Worried (148)
19.2%
Terrified (178)
23.09%
Meh (50)
6.49%
Confused (21)
2.72%