Pharmacy Unconditional Offer Watch

Helena786
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi. Has anyone received an unconditional offer for Pharmacy MPharm and that is without having your grades already so purely an unconditional offer made due to PS, application and predicted grades?

And if so, which uni did you get it from? Thanks!
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi

I've moved your thread to our pharmacy sub-forum where you're more likely to receive useful responses.
Helena786
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Hi

I've moved your thread to our pharmacy sub-forum where you're more likely to receive useful responses.
Ok thank you
randomsheep11
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I got an unconditional from Portsmouth uni. They seem quite fond of giving out unconditional offers; most people in my sixth form who applied to them have an unconditional.

I had to put it as my firm choice in order to be unconditional, so I did.
Helena786
Rep:
?
Congrats that’s great If you don’t mind me asking, what were your predicted grades?
Aspiringdentistt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey there! got an unconditional from Reading Universiyt and Kingston University, However I did IB not A-levels
UniofReading
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Aspiringdentistt)
Hey there! got an unconditional from Reading Universiyt and Kingston University, However I did IB not A-levels
Well done! We hope to see you at Reading in the future
Alice
Final year student ambassador
Helena786
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aspiringdentistt)
Thats great! Had you already done IB before applying?
Aspiringdentistt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Helena786)
Thats great! Had you already done IB before applying?
No, I applied with predicted grades, took the exams last may, got results july
randomsheep11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Helena786)
Congrats that’s great If you don’t mind me asking, what were your predicted grades?
I was predicted ABB. My actual results were BCC lol but I'm still in going to uni in September so yay
marinade
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by randomsheep11)
I was predicted ABB. My actual results were BCC lol but I'm still in going to uni in September so yay
Well done.
randomsheep11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by marinade)
Well done.
adiooyo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 hours ago
As a qualified pharmacist I would highly advise against it. Too saturated in terms of people studying the course and not many jobs at the end of it post pre reg. see older posts/ sticky threads. With pharmacies closing left right and centre up and down the country, profits slashed due to funding cuts- meaning more pharmacies are struggling to meet costs, multiples blatantly wanting to automate dispensing and thus close stores jobs will be limited in the community sectors.Sure a lecturer will tell u there are other avenues hospital PhD etc. It's their job to convince you so they stay in a job.Do you know how competitive a hospital pre reg Place is? Approx 70 application to one post.Fail to get a first bye bye bye PhD.If you are a straight A student for the love of god you are too good for this garbage profession consider dent or med. optom as a back up. Please for the sake of your own sanity do not end up like me!Lastly every single pre reg or summer student on placement I've come across are literally petrified for their future. They only realise 2-3 years in. Don't make this mistake.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%
Putting on a brave face (229)
13.7%
Impatient (212)
12.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise