Is d of e really worth it? Watch

Lilysmithxoxo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I am currently doing bronze d of e. I am really not enjoying it and have done the practice expedition which was awful. I’m thinking of stopping and not completing it. Is that a bad idea ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
S.carter
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Lilysmithxoxo)
I am currently doing bronze d of e. I am really not enjoying it and have done the practice expedition which was awful. I’m thinking of stopping and not completing it. Is that a bad idea ?
Honestly it’s probably a bad idea forcing yourself into it. It’s not for everyone and I don’t imagine that it’s valued higher than Exam results, work experience or a good PS at uni.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Lilysmithxoxo)
I wouldn't bother continuing it if you don't like it. None of my friends did it and neither did I and we all got into really good universities. It's just personal preference.
catph
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
No. I used to be a D of E leader. If you don't like it, don't do it. The whole thing will be an energy sapping drag. My own kid didn't do it and they are fine, they got all five uni offers - if you think you need it for your CV or personal statement. They did other things instead that they did enjoy. I'm not saying sit at home and do nothing!
burberry_butter
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
D o E isn't really worth it; many people don't do it and they still go to great unis.
Last edited by burberry_butter; 3 days ago
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
If you are doing it, don't do it for uni
Do it for yourself and to learn and grow from it- that's why I did it. Although I didn't enjoy it (only the expedition, I liked the other sections), I definitely learnt a lot
mez_merising
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
nope it’s overrated and loads of people do it nowadays so it’s nothing unique
StarxScreamx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I hated it but at the end I felt a great sense of achievement. do it for urself for sure
GreenCub
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
If you really hate it then you don't have to do it, but it may be a good idea to try and continue so you can get the most out of the experience (perseverance and all that).

For university applications DofE doesn't matter - they will only care about your academic achievements most of the time. It's something you can put on your CV to show you've developed certain skills, but most likely you'll have other, more relevant things to write about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads