Army reserves fitness Watch

kga92
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,Just looking for some advice on army fitness. I'm currently looking to join the army reserves, and have been told I am due to have my fitness test around October. which gives me around 2 months to get fit. I have went for my first jog this week and found I really struggled. I could barely run a few hundred yards. I am slim but im very unfit. I know ill have to build up my stamina and also join the gym but I was wondering if anyone thinks its possible to get fit in this short space of time?Any fitness advice would be appreciated.Thanks guys x
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by kga92)
Hi,Just looking for some advice on army fitness. I'm currently looking to join the army reserves, and have been told I am due to have my fitness test around October. which gives me around 2 months to get fit. I have went for my first jog this week and found I really struggled. I could barely run a few hundred yards. I am slim but im very unfit. I know ill have to build up my stamina and also join the gym but I was wondering if anyone thinks its possible to get fit in this short space of time?Any fitness advice would be appreciated.Thanks guys x
Have you heard of or tried the the couch to 5k? That's about slowly increasing distance over a number of weeks
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
There's Army-specific info here:

https://apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-joi...i-join/fitness

And the RAF fitness plan is on this site:

https://www.raf.mod.uk/RECRUITMENT/h...gibility-check

I wonder why you applied knowing you didn't meet the fitness standards, but you might be able to play catch up for October. Just don't push it too hard and end up with an injury that sets you back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (168)
13.1%
Excited (111)
8.66%
Worried (235)
18.33%
Terrified (299)
23.32%
Meh (103)
8.03%
Confused (32)
2.5%