A-Level Psychology Beginner Watch

EmeryAkyligi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi, I’m starting A-Level Psychology in September, and just wanted to know if there were some killer tips I should know. I’d also like a bit of guidance to start looking into psychology and the course so I’m not completely clueless going into it, could anyone offer any help or links or work, just anything would help.
Thanks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ewarner2000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
KNOW YOUR STUDIES! basically revise any key studies e.g zimbardo for social influence and how to apply them and it will all be good.

simplypsychology and tutor2u are good websites though theres also psychologyteacher (I think?)
tfh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If you know what exam board you are just type into google your exam board and psychology, you can look at the spec online to see what you'll be learning and some revision websites will most likely pop up too so you can look to see what topics you may be covering. If you don't know your exam board just look at the revision websites anyway because there tends to be some overlap between content from different exam boards.

Don't worry too much about it, everyone else in the class will be in the same position as you most likely and all courses start from the basics anyway. Good luck with your course and I hope you enjoy it!
EmeryAkyligi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Thanks guys, really appreciate the help
ewarner2000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by ewarner2000)
KNOW YOUR STUDIES! basically revise any key studies e.g zimbardo for social influence and how to apply them and it will all be good.

simplypsychology and tutor2u are good websites though theres also psychologyteacher (I think?)
well what I'd said the other day was an effing lie. I had been getting solid A* throughout year 1 and 2 yet because the government and exam boards hate our year group, ended up with an effing B 😳😡😡😡 sad to think if I'd taken a levels a year early, last year, I would have had the a* I deserve. the amount of effort you put in is pointless. exact same thing for english lit 😡😡😡😡
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%