Need some advice Watch

student0299
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Guys I need some advice. So I was planning to apply for Medicine through clearing this year but I’ve realised that I want to take another gap year (so it would be two gap years). This is because the unis I want to go to aren’t in clearing (I don’t have any medicine offers currently) and I wanted to do a lot more travelling next year, as well as gain more hands on experience medically to be feel more prepared when starting med
Has anyone had any experience of taking two gap years? Obviously this hasn’t gone down too well with my parents who were hoping I would start uni this year lol but I’ve realised that taking another gap year would be more beneficial to me. I just wanted advice on whether I should still try applying through clearing tomorrow or not?
Also I applied for St. George’s clearing last month but couldn’t do the interview date. Can I call up again tomorrow and apply there again through clearing?
Thanks in advance for any help
SanityGone
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Where are you wanting to apply?
TCL
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by student0299)
Guys I need some advice. So I was planning to apply for Medicine through clearing this year but I’ve realised that I want to take another gap year (so it would be two gap years). This is because the unis I want to go to aren’t in clearing (I don’t have any medicine offers currently) and I wanted to do a lot more travelling next year, as well as gain more hands on experience medically to be feel more prepared when starting med
Has anyone had any experience of taking two gap years? Obviously this hasn’t gone down too well with my parents who were hoping I would start uni this year lol but I’ve realised that taking another gap year would be more beneficial to me. I just wanted advice on whether I should still try applying through clearing tomorrow or not?
Also I applied for St. George’s clearing last month but couldn’t do the interview date. Can I call up again tomorrow and apply there again through clearing?
Getting into medicine is difficult, your approach seems very inflexible, you are expecting everything to come together at your convenience which is unlikely to lead to success. The websites give guidance on what is acceptable in terms of gap years and you can ask Admissions teams. But if you are flexible you are more likely to be successful.
SanityGone
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by student0299)
How much ‘hands on experience’ can an unqualified person get, overseas, from an ethical point of view?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%