International engineering conferences Watch

ChemicalEng
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've been invited to attend some international conferences as part of my graduate scheme and was wondering what other people's views on these are? Are they worthwhile considering their expense and the travel distance required to get there? What would you expect to see at an engineering conference? Do you have any specific experiences of going to international conferences? Any other insight would be appreciated!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ChemicalEng)
I've been invited to attend some international conferences as part of my graduate scheme and was wondering what other people's views on these are? Are they worthwhile considering their expense and the travel distance required to get there? What would you expect to see at an engineering conference? Do you have any specific experiences of going to international conferences? Any other insight would be appreciated!
I haven't been to international engineering conferences but I have been to pretty big domestic ones and any form of networking opportunity within the industry is definitely a good idea. If the topics are of interest to you, then it will be more beneficial than going just for the sake of it.

What sort of conferences are you considering?
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Who's paying for your attendance (and presumably travel and accommodation)?
ChemicalEng
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smack)
Who's paying for your attendance (and presumably travel and accommodation)?
The company I work for will be paying for it out of a individual budget that they have for me. So it's my choice as to whether I want my budget to be spent on that (and other things) or not.
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The company I work for will be paying for it out of a individual budget that they have for me. So it's my choice as to whether I want my budget to be spent on that (and other things) or not.
How relevant is the conference to your work and interests, and what other things might they spend the budget on (e.g. training courses)?
ChemicalEng
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smack)
How relevant is the conference to your work and interests, and what other things might they spend the budget on (e.g. training courses)?
It's highly relevant to the industry I'm working in and the work I do. There are also technical tours as part of the conference so my current opinion is that it'll be interesting and worthwhile but wondered what others thought. I just don't want to waste potentially a large chunk of my budget if these conferences don't have much substance to them and are seen as more of a holiday as I'll have to take a week or two out of the office.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.7%
Excited (147)
8.93%
Worried (298)
18.1%
Terrified (373)
22.66%
Meh (151)
9.17%
Confused (36)
2.19%