The Student Room Group

How long would it take to cancel clearing choice

I got offered a place back on the course I firmed originally but they did not give any idea of a deadline as I think they expect me to apply on results day. Like an idiot I did not call to get released from my clearing choice today as I was worried that it may take long and that since no deadline was set, they may not take me the day after results day (I realise now since its the day before results day UCAS wont be as busy as tomorrow and it probably would've updated). Now I will have to cancel my clearing choice tomorrow morning, how long do you think this would take? The choice is at Manchester uni, any guesses on how quickly I would be released. Also, do you think the uni that gave me the offer will understand and wait until I am released or would they not be able to guarantee a space
Original post by john_iqbal786
I got offered a place back on the course I firmed originally but they did not give any idea of a deadline as I think they expect me to apply on results day. Like an idiot I did not call to get released from my clearing choice today as I was worried that it may take long and that since no deadline was set, they may not take me the day after results day (I realise now since its the day before results day UCAS wont be as busy as tomorrow and it probably would've updated). Now I will have to cancel my clearing choice tomorrow morning, how long do you think this would take? The choice is at Manchester uni, any guesses on how quickly I would be released. Also, do you think the uni that gave me the offer will understand and wait until I am released or would they not be able to guarantee a space

Is your current offer conditional or unconditional? :smile:
Original post by She-Ra
Is your current offer conditional or unconditional? :smile:

The original uni I firmed was an unconditional as I got my results last year, but I my clearing application has already been sent to another uni which I need to cancel so I can reapply to my original uni, however im not sure they will wait
Original post by john_iqbal786
The original uni I firmed was an unconditional as I got my results last year, but I my clearing application has already been sent to another uni which I need to cancel so I can reapply to my original uni, however im not sure they will wait

So you declined your deferred choice

Applied to a new uni and accepted

Now you want to revert back to your original choice?
Original post by She-Ra
So you declined your deferred choice

Applied to a new uni and accepted

Now you want to revert back to your original choice?

No I was already at university this year and for personal reasons decided it would be best to switch. Made a late application to 2 universities, one of which I firmed (this was a uni I also chose last year and mistakenly didn't go to). I then thought it would be better to go the other university so released into clearing to switch. Now regretting my decision I want to revert back to my old university. The department have sent me an email and confirmed they would reoffer my place as long as I apply before clearing closes on August 31st. Recently, I have seen some worrying things about the graduate prospects for the uni I want to revert back to though because the course is kind of specific whereas the uni Ive chosen now has a general course first year which will allow me to choose whether to stay general or specify. (By general I mean an EEE degree and specific I mean a Mechatronics degree).

I want to look more into the graduate prospects for the mechatronics and maybe revisit the uni I have currently chosen but do you think it would be smart to do this? I know my original uni have guaranteed an offer until august 31st but I feel slightly uneasy delaying it to check this out

Quick Reply

Latest