Do you need a laptop for uni? (Aug 2019) Watch

MG1906__
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I begin studying law in a few weeks and im wondering if ill need a laptop for lectures and other stuff. i have a very high end desktop which i built myself and intend to take with me to uni however is it also essential to have a laptop or will written notes be fine? I know this has been asked before however i couldnt find anything after 2013 so thought id ask to make sure.
eilish1903
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you dont have to take a laptop to uni with you. if a module requires the use of computers during lectures the lectures will take place in a computer room. you will be fine taking a notebook into lectures and writing out notes 😊 notes made in lectures are for your own personal use. I've never had a uni lecturer ask to see my notes. If an assignment has to be typed you'll be fine to write it up at home and print it out and hand it in/ upload it to your unis online learning platform
Last edited by eilish1903; 1 month ago
MG1906__
Rep:
?
(Original post by eilish1903)
you dont have to take a laptop to uni with you. if a module requires the use of computers during lectures the lectures will take place in a computer room. you will be fine taking a notebook into lectures and writing out notes 😊 notes made in lectures are for your own personal use. I've never had a uni lecturer ask to see my notes. If an assignment has to be typed you'll be fine to write it up at home and print it out and hand it in/ upload it to your unis online learning platform
Thank you for the quick reply, thats 1 less thing to worry about as money is going to be tight i imagine. Anything that needs done outside of a lecture with use of a conputer ill be fine with my desktop so i was more just asking about how useful a laptop really is and whether its worth my money to invest in?
eilish1903
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MG1906__)
Thank you for the quick reply, thats 1 less thing to worry about as money is going to be tight i imagine. Anything that needs done outside of a lecture with use of a conputer ill be fine with my desktop so i was more just asking about how useful a laptop really is and whether its worth my money to invest in?
nah, if you have a good computer don't waste the money on a laptop. Save it for things you actually need like food...
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I never brought a laptop to lectures - as long as you have access to a computer, you'll be fine.
MG1906__
Rep:
?
thanks for the help guys
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed