The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York

Accommodation 2019

Does anyone know when you have to pay your accommodation fees, i’ve heard its termly but when is the exact time you have to pay it. Is it sept/jan/april or something else? What happens if your loan doesn't get paid you you as soon as you start?
depends on the uni. they know when Student finance payments are scheduled for, so the accommodation payments tend to coincide with your scheduled payments. For example, I get paid in September, January and April and my accommodation payments are due in October, January and April 😊

Your student loan is usually paid on the first official day of your course. If you log into your student finance portal, providing your funding has been processed, you will be able to go to the payments section and see when you are scheduled to be paid you maintenance loan
(edited 4 years ago)
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Reply 2
Original post by eilish1903
depends on the uni. they know when Student finance payments are scheduled for, so the accommodation payments tend to coincide with your scheduled payments. For example, I get paid in September, January and April and my accommodation payments are due in October, January and April 😊

Your student loan is usually paid on the first official day of your course. If you log into your student finance portal, providing your funding has been processed, you will be able to go to the payments section and see when you are scheduled to be paid you maintenance loan

What if your funding hasn't been processed yet and most likely wont have been when you start?
Original post by C.L.S.25
What if your funding hasn't been processed yet and most likely wont have been when you start?

then you should call student finance. they will give you a date by which they will have processed your student finance. you should then call your University and inform them of your funding situation and they will advise you from there

Quick Reply