john_iqbal786
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm referring to mechatronics and robotics course at the uni of leeds. It says for electrical eng and mechanical eng, starting salary is 26k (lots of respondents), whereas mechatronics was 25k. After 3 year the average for electrical is 31k, mechanical is 34k, however the average for mechatronics is apparently on 26.5k????? Sometimes it can't get the exact data and on the disclaimer it says the stats are for all production and manufacturing engineering degrees at leeds for the past 2 years. Thing is Leeds don't have a production and manufacturing and engineering degree, so the data must be for the mechatronics graduates. Do you think this is true? it is data from 50 students that have responded. Since theres no prod and manufac degree at leeds, these students must be mechatronic gradates. How can their salary be so low after 3 years? I thought mechatronic engineers could get jobs in either mechanical and electrical as well as both? So would the average salary not be similar to the other two?
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're probably better off looking at job ads or glassdoor for the sort of jobs you're interested in to get a better idea of salary.
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by john_iqbal786)
I'm referring to mechatronics and robotics course at the uni of leeds. It says for electrical eng and mechanical eng, starting salary is 26k (lots of respondents), whereas mechatronics was 25k. After 3 year the average for electrical is 31k, mechanical is 34k, however the average for mechatronics is apparently on 26.5k????? Sometimes it can't get the exact data and on the disclaimer it says the stats are for all production and manufacturing engineering degrees at leeds for the past 2 years. Thing is Leeds don't have a production and manufacturing and engineering degree, so the data must be for the mechatronics graduates. Do you think this is true? it is data from 50 students that have responded. Since theres no prod and manufac degree at leeds, these students must be mechatronic gradates. How can their salary be so low after 3 years? I thought mechatronic engineers could get jobs in either mechanical and electrical as well as both? So would the average salary not be similar to the other two?
University of Leeds could you help with this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (438)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.7%

Watched Threads