The Student Room Group

What should I wear to college?

Ok so I’m starting college in September (UK) and I literally have no idea what to wear. I’m probably going to end up buying a **** load of joggers, t shirts and hoodies but I’m completely in the dark when it comes to what brands to wear. Which brands do people usually wear and what? Which brands should I avoid and where should I shop from?
Original post by Anonymous02792
Ok so I’m starting college in September (UK) and I literally have no idea what to wear. I’m probably going to end up buying a **** load of joggers, t shirts and hoodies but I’m completely in the dark when it comes to what brands to wear. Which brands do people usually wear and what? Which brands should I avoid and where should I shop from?

Sport brands (Nike/Adidas/UnderArmour/Puma) come to mind first, then the designer brands (KingsWillDream/True Religion/Stone Island/Lacoste) then you get the premium brand (Gucci/Fendi/Prada/Burberry).

In the first week of college most people will wear Designer brand clothing. In the following weeks most switch to Sport brands.
Edit: I believe I may have misinterpreted your post, ignore this
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
Sport brands (Nike/Adidas/UnderArmour/Puma) come to mind first, then the designer brands (KingsWillDream/True Religion/Stone Island/Lacoste) then you get the premium brand (Gucci/Fendi/Prada/Burberry).

In the first week of college most people will wear Designer brand clothing. In the following weeks most switch to Sport brands.

Actually really helpful 👍

Currently I saw that TNF have a summer sale on, so I'd go look at their products first as TNF is well rated.
Reply 5
I wore what I wear now. denim, leather (steady on, Saxon fans), metal band t shirts

And which stores would you recommend getting these from? Also I’m not planning on spending too much money, just the bare minimum, what are your suggestions based on this
And which stores would you recommend getting these from? Also I’m not planning on spending too much money, just the bare minimum, what are your suggestions based on this

Look on JD Sport for sales/bargains as they sell a wide variety of sport & designer clothing.

You can also get fake designer clothing off Ebay, ngl that's where I got my BAPE Shark hoodie from but be aware that if people realise you're wearing a fake and spread word, you'll end up getting mocked for a while.

Imo KingsWillDream have the best prices for their products, it's more affordable than other brands in my eyes.
Look on JD Sport for sales/bargains as they sell a wide variety of sport & designer clothing.

You can also get fake designer clothing off Ebay, ngl that's where I got my BAPE Shark hoodie from but be aware that if people realise you're wearing a fake and spread word, you'll end up getting mocked for a while.

Imo KingsWillDream have the best prices for their products, it's more affordable than other brands in my eyes.

Cheers
Currently I saw that TNF have a summer sale on, so I'd go look at their products first as TNF is well rated.

The north face?
Anyone else got any suggestions??
Edgy **** thats what I wore. Might look like a twat but girls seem to love it when you come in looking all punked up. Most people just wear North Face gear though. Just wear what you want though. But people who come in covered with Supreme and other hypebeast **** just get ripped into. Don't try and show off too much.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Alexty28
Edgy **** thats what I wore. Might look like a twat but girls seem to love it when you come in looking all punked up. Most people just wear North Face gear though. Just wear what you want though. But people who come in covered with Supreme and other hypebeast **** just get ripped into. Don't try and show off too much.

I’m not looking to show off at all, I’m just completely in the dark about what to wear lol. If I’m going with joggers/hoodies what do u recommend
Guessing you are a girl? If not forget this but H&M has beautiful fashionable clothes!
Original post by ArtmisKco
Guessing you are a girl? If not forget this but H&M has beautiful fashionable clothes!

Nope, I’m a guy lol
I’m not looking to show off at all, I’m just completely in the dark about what to wear lol. If I’m going with joggers/hoodies what do u recommend

Just wear what you want! College is not like school, people start experimenting after the first 2 weeks and no one cares what you wear. Joggers are completely fine.
Funny thing is, no one cares what you wear in college. Wear anything you want.
Is wearing them for more than one day too much?
Is wearing them for more than one day too much?

Nope, there were people in my college who wore the same outfit every day lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending