The Student Room Group

[potential trigger warning] Sexual assault ?

I was very drunk and I had my arm around my mate I kissed her on the cheek and slapped her on the ass a couple of time even though she said no. Is this sexual assault and can I be arrested? Uk also I’ve apologised and feel ashamed
It could be considered sexual assault but you are extremely unlikely to be arrested for it.

You've recognised that you've done harm to somebody who did not want to be touched by you and that's good. Has she accepted your apology? It may be time to perhaps consider cutting down your drinking so that this situation doesn't arise again.
Reply 2
I’m not really sure if she has excepted it to be honest and she just says she wants to be neutral and not talk to me
Original post by Reece345
I’m not really sure if she has excepted it to be honest and she just says she wants to be neutral and not talk to me

You crossed her boundaries and she wants you to back off. For both of your sakes, it's better that you listen to her.
Reply 4
Also my over mate who is a guy who was one of my best mates seems to be really pissed off with me about it and just ignores me like I don’t really know what to do?
Also my over mate who is a guy who was one of my best mates seems to be really pissed off with me about it and just ignores me like I don’t really know what to do?

Give them space. They are likely upset for their friend, maybe even shocked, and need time to process it and heal. Let them talk to you if they want to, don't push them to talk to you. Hope things improve soon. At least it sounds like you really do regret it and want to make things better :smile:

There's nothing you can do apart from respect their wishes. If you can't control yourself when drunk, don't drink.
Reply 7
Cheers bursting bubbles

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending