Bank Account Watch

TheodoreR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

My first loan payment is scheduled for September 23rd (also when I start my course), and I have an appointment to open an account with Barclay's on the 20th (I'm a EU citizen, and I'll be arriving in the UK on the 19th). I understand that it's going to take up to 5 business days in order for my bank account info to be processed by SFE. In that case, will my first payment be pushed back to a further date? Will my university (University of Nottingham) be okay with this? Or will they be expecting me to make my first payment on the 23rd?

Sincerely,
Theodore
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheodoreR)
Hi,

My first loan payment is scheduled for September 23rd (also when I start my course), and I have an appointment to open an account with Barclay's on the 20th (I'm a EU citizen, and I'll be arriving in the UK on the 19th). I understand that it's going to take up to 5 business days in order for my bank account info to be processed by SFE. In that case, will my first payment be pushed back to a further date? Will my university (University of Nottingham) be okay with this? Or will they be expecting me to make my first payment on the 23rd?

Sincerely,
Theodore
are you getting a maintenance loan?
TheodoreR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
are you getting a maintenance loan?
It's a Postgraduate Master’s Loan. I'll be using it for my tuition fee and living expenses.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheodoreR)
It's a Postgraduate Master’s Loan. I'll be using it for my tuition fee and living expenses.
you're best calling sfe and asking if the payment date to be pushed back a bit, and then see when the uni wants the fees paying.
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello,

We won’t be able to release your payments until we receive valid UK bank details; your payments should be made directly to you within 5 working days of us receiving these. Once you receive these you can either update them online or by calling us on 0300 100 0031.

If you’re worried about not being able to make your first payment to the University then we’d recommend contacting them so they’re aware of this. Most universities may show some leeway with payments if they know your finance has been approved.

Thanks, Erin N.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.77%
Excited (150)
8.99%
Worried (302)
18.11%
Terrified (374)
22.42%
Meh (153)
9.17%
Confused (36)
2.16%