DR.DOOM
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The grades I got weren't close to the ones at my firm choice. However, they are exactly what I need for my insurance. I have two questions, how do firm choices work, do I update track and it will automatically add me to my insurance or do I have to manually accept it and for student finance do I edit the university I go to? Anyone who helps will be a life save because I know at the moment, everyone is going bananas
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DR.DOOM)
The grades I got weren't close to the ones at my firm choice. However, they are exactly what I need for my insurance. I have two questions, how do firm choices work, do I update track and it will automatically add me to my insurance or do I have to manually accept it and for student finance do I edit the university I go to? Anyone who helps will be a life save because I know at the moment, everyone is going bananas
Your firm choice will choose to either accept you with the grades you have, or reject you. If you are rejected by your firm but meet the grades for your insurance, you'll automatically be placed with them. You'll need to give student finance a call - it's a simple case of changing the university name so shouldn't be an issue.
DR.DOOM
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlotte's Web)
Your firm choice will choose to either accept you with the grades you have, or reject you. If you are rejected by your firm but meet the grades for your insurance, you'll automatically be placed with them. You'll need to give student finance a call - it's a simple case of changing the university name so shouldn't be an issue.
Track just updated, I recieved an unconditional with changes that are very strange. My university wants me to take geography rather than what I applied for, how do I change it to insurance? do I reply to it and insurance will show up?
Charlotte's Web
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Track just updated, I recieved an unconditional with changes that are very strange. My university wants me to take geography rather than what I applied for, how do I change it to insurance? do I reply to it and insurance will show up?
Which course did you originally apply for and which university? If you've been offered a totally different option it's worth contacting UCAS. Universities need to offer appropriate/reasonable courses.

With course change offers, it's entirely up to you whether to accept it or not. If you decline it, you'll be placed with your insurance assuming you've met their conditions.
DR.DOOM
Rep:
?
Which course did you originally apply for and which university? If you've been offered a totally different option it's worth contacting UCAS. Universities need to offer appropriate/reasonable courses.

With course change offers, it's entirely up to you whether to accept it or not. If you decline it, you'll be placed with your insurance assuming you've met their conditions.
I'm going to call the university up. But the thing is, you see where it says "reply to your offers", am I given a choice for both insurance and my firm choice? So I click it and they'll both appear? because my insurance said that I have a confirmed place there if I don't meet my firm choice. This is really confusing

EDIT: I applied at Queen Mary for Marketing and management which required AAA. They changed it to Geography which also requires AAA even though I didn't get AAA, this is a mistake.
Last edited by DR.DOOM; 1 month ago
Charlotte's Web
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm going to call the university up. But the thing is, you see where it says "reply to your offers", am I given a choice for both insurance and my firm choice? So I click it and they'll both appear? because my insurance said that I have a confirmed place there if I don't meet my firm choice. This is really confusing
What do you mean when you say you are given a choice for both? Have you been offered a different course for both?
DR.DOOM
Rep:
?
What do you mean when you say you are given a choice for both? Have you been offered a different course for both?
My firm choice has given me an unconditional with changes which seem really strange, UCAS says that my insurance has a confirmed place if I don't meet my firm choice. When I click on "reply to offers" will both choices come up and I'll need to reply to them?
Charlotte's Web
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My firm choice has given me an unconditional with changes which seem really strange, UCAS says that my insurance has a confirmed place if I don't meet my firm choice. When I click on "reply to offers" will both choices come up and I'll need to reply to them?
Wow! That is really poor form from the university. I'd certainly suggest contacting UCAS and the university to ask why this has happened and make UCAS aware.

Essentially your choices at the moment are to either accept/decline the changed course and then either be placed with your insurance or be released into Clearing. I wouldn't do anything if I were you until I'd spoken to the university. It may be that they have made an administrative error (hopefully!).
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She-Ra some unis are offering weird alternatives. Good advice from Charlotte above
DR.DOOM
Rep:
?
Thanks for the help, but I'm a bit worried. My insurance says its unconditional but am I guaranteed a place there or not? can it be taken from someone else?
Charlotte's Web
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for the help, but I'm a bit worried. My insurance says its unconditional but am I guaranteed a place there or not? can it be taken from someone else?
If it says unconditional then that place is safe. You definitely have the option of that place. Only if you choose to place yourself in clearing will your place be given up. UCAS works this way to give you time to consider the course change. You have 5 days to make a decision.
DR.DOOM
Rep:
?
If it says unconditional then that place is safe. You definitely have the option of that place. Only if you choose to place yourself in clearing will your place be given up. UCAS works this way to give you time to consider the course change. You have 5 days to make a decision.
so just to finally clarify, when I click on that "Reply to your offers" box, my insurance choice will show up in there?
She-Ra
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so just to finally clarify, when I click on that "Reply to your offers" box, my insurance choice will show up in there?
If you click reply to your offers there should be an option to accept or decline the alternative course change. Take a look and let me know
DR.DOOM
Rep:
?
(Original post by She-Ra)
If you click reply to your offers there should be an option to accept or decline the alternative course change. Take a look and let me know
Sorry for the late response but I admire your help, I called them up and they said they'd thought that offer would have interested me but it did not. I know nothing about geography so I rejected it. Apparently for my insurance, I need to wait for track to update. I think they'll 100% accept me, do you think I should give them a ring?
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry for the late response but I admire your help, I called them up and they said they'd thought that offer would have interested me but it did not. I know nothing about geography so I rejected it. Apparently for my insurance, I need to wait for track to update. I think they'll 100% accept me, do you think I should give them a ring?
Definitely ring them
DR.DOOM
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
Definitely ring them
The moment I rejected that offer I instantly got into my insurance choice. I am now going to Greenwich university so all is good. I am happy today as I come out victorious. I thank you all for your great help and assistance, thank you so much. The good will come back to you all
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The moment I rejected that offer I instantly got into my insurance choice. I am now going to Greenwich university so all is good. I am happy today as I come out victorious. I thank you all for your great help and assistance, thank you so much. The good will come back to you all
That's great news, congrats :woo:
She-Ra
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's such super news! I am so chuffed for you! Congratulations
BeaBramble
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I may be slightly paranoid but do I have to do anything to confirm that I accept my insurance offer? I didn't get into my firm choice and my insurance now shows as 'unconditional' on Track. There is a button on Track for 'decline' but nothing for 'accept'.
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BeaBramble)
I may be slightly paranoid but do I have to do anything to confirm that I accept my insurance offer? I didn't get into my firm choice and my insurance now shows as 'unconditional' on Track. There is a button on Track for 'decline' but nothing for 'accept'.
No it's fine, it goes to your insurance automatically if you are unsuccessful at your firm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?