jhutch743
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Screwed up my results a bit and got AAB, got rejected from my firm hoping to go through adjustment to get something better than my insurance. The usual offer for this is AAA is there any chance I could still get in?
A-Chem
A-Maths
B-Physics
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jhutch743)
Screwed up my results a bit and got AAB, got rejected from my firm hoping to go through adjustment to get something better than my insurance. The usual offer for this is AAA is there any chance I could still get in?
A-Chem
A-Maths
B-Physics
You can only go through adjustment if you exceed your offer conditions, and it sounds like you unfortunately didn't. Do you mean through clearing? It's worth calling them to ask!
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A-Chem
A-Maths
B-Physics
you can't use adjustment as you haven't exceeded your firm, you would have to go through clearing. Many universities won't speak you without a clearing number but you could try.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A-Chem
A-Maths
B-Physics
There will be many Maths courses in clearing. Have a look at Exeter or maybe Lancaster with your grades
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A-Chem
A-Maths
B-Physics
Hello!
Lancaster has Maths courses available through clearing and are accepting BBB.
Lancaster is a top ten uni and is currently 9th in the UK for Maths.
You can find out more here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/clearing/courses/# and phone if interested:
Applicants calling from within the UK: 0800 298 9542
Applicants calling from outside the UK: +44 1524 931300 Own country charges may apply
Let me know if you have any questions at all & yes you'll need a clearing number!
Charlotte
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
jhutch743
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
you can't use adjustment as you haven't exceeded your firm, you would have to go through clearing. Many universities won't speak you without a clearing number but you could try.
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
You can only go through adjustment if you exceed your offer conditions, and it sounds like you unfortunately didn't. Do you mean through clearing? It's worth calling them to ask!
Yeah I meant clearing just didn't know if you could whilst still holding the offer from my insurance. I'll probably try Leeds or something if Manchester doesn't work out.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I meant clearing just didn't know if you could whilst still holding the offer from my insurance. I'll probably try Leeds or something if Manchester doesn't work out.
you can try but they might want you to give up your insurance offer.
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Technically you need a clearing number, so you won't be able to actually apply through clearing until you're in clearing, but it;s worth seeing if they'll have a chat with you in the meantime
jhutch743
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
you can try but they might want you to give up your insurance offer.
Oh I definitely would if required.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh I definitely would if required.
you could make some calls and if you get nowhere then you'll have to put yourself in clearing.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Loads of good maths courses in clearing. Exeter for example are asking ACC. You could go to Sheffield, Lancaster. Worth checking the websites for a load of universities you might fancy and see where there are spaces.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.71%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.88%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.15%
I need help with my personal statement (53)
38.97%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
25.74%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.21%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.35%

Watched Threads