The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Results Day - Didn't get the grades you wanted?

Hey everyone! Here’s a short post on my personal experience of results day and some advice for anyone feeling nervous about it...

Results day can be a scary time, and for many people not getting into the university you were hoping to can seem like the end of the world:dontknow:

How do I know this? Because it happened to me! On results day I was hoping to get the grades ABB, I had achieved BBC at my AS Levels so I knew that I needed to work hard if I wanted to be accepted into my first choice university. I put in the work, stayed behind in college every night to revise, was tutored in one subject and completed endless practice papers. Although I was nervous I felt that I had done enough to get the grades that I needed:unsure:

Results day came around and I logged onto UCAS to see my first choice university had declined me but I had been made an offer by my insurance. I had received the overall grades of BBC and although I still had a place at university, it wasn’t the one I had set my hopes on. I spent the rest of the day feeling sorry for myself and ignoring the fact that I had still achieved good grades. Rather than celebrating what I had achieved I was punishing myself for what I hadn’t!:bricks:

Fast forward three years later and I have just graduated from Liverpool Hope University with a First Class degree in English Language, gained a number of new skills and grown as a person.:smartass:

Although results day is a really important day, try not to let it consume you. If you don’t get the grades you wanted, still find time to recognise all you have achieved. Like I said, it may seem like the end of the world, but it’s most likely just the start of a new chapter!

Good luck!

Mia:rave:
What are you hoping to do with your degree
Liverpool
Visit website
Hey @The good news

Honestly, I'm not sure what I want to do yet career wise. However my degree opens up so many opportunities, some of the areas I'm interested in are;

Teaching English as a foreign language
Speech therapy
Copywriting
Editing
Marketing

But like I said, I'm not 100% sure which path I want to go down yet as I don't want to rush into anything I'm unsure of!

Original post by The good news
What are you hoping to do with your degree

Quick Reply

Latest