Jeck123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi. I was lucky enough to get an offer from Durham for History earlier this year (A*AA) and was ecstatic. Now on Results Day, I've got A*A*A*A and am thinking about reapplying to Oxford (I was rejected after interview). However, I'm concerned that Durham won't let me in again if I reapply, as I've heard they can be like this and can make confusing decisions. Is this a known thing? Does it depend on the college? Basically, will Durham reject you if you reapply after turning down an offer?
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jeck123)
Hi. I was lucky enough to get an offer from Durham for History earlier this year (A*AA) and was ecstatic. Now on Results Day, I've got A*A*A*A and am thinking about reapplying to Oxford (I was rejected after interview). However, I'm concerned that Durham won't let me in again if I reapply, as I've heard they can be like this and can make confusing decisions. Is this a known thing? Does it depend on the college? Basically, will Durham reject you if you reapply after turning down an offer?
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be petty like that - they wouldn't know you were rejecting to put in an Oxbridge app. Wouldn't depend on the college cuz afaik Durham colleges are residential and nothing to do with central admissions. If you really want to reapply to Oxford (all things considered and would spend a year to do so; I took a gap year, not for oxbridge but you know, and it could be productive) then would go for it! Congratulations on your grades ^^
Last edited by wolfmoon88; 1 month ago
Jeck123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be petty like that - they wouldn't know you were rejecting to put in an Oxbridge app. Wouldn't depend on the college cuz afaik Durham colleges are residential and nothing to do with central admissions. If you really want to reapply to Oxford (all things considered and would spend a year to do so; I took a gap year, not for oxbridge but you know, and it could be productive) then would go for it! Congratulations on your grades ^^
Thanks so much for your advice and kind words!
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jeck123)
Thanks so much for your advice and kind words!
No problem, good luck with everything ^^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (38)
7.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.4%
No (175)
34.18%

Watched Threads