econsheff
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I needed A*AA for economics at Nottingham Uni.
I got A*BB , so they have offered me a place for Industrial Economics instead.
Should I accept it? Or accept Economics at Newcastle University?
Help !!!!
econsheff
Rep:
?
A*BB for economics
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Did you have a question...?
econsheff
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Did you have a question...?
Yes....i had predicted grades of A*AA and achieved only A*BB. Nottingham has given me a changed course offer for Industrial economics and Newcastle for straight economics.
Im really keen on Notts but unsure of the industrial economics.what shall i do ?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
.ACS. may be able to advise. My understanding is industrial economics will focus more on microeconomics applied to business and industry, so you won't cover e.g. macroeconomics, development economics, international economics etc. Depending on what you're hoping to do in the future, this may not make a difference. Most graduate roles don't require any specific degree, so any course should acceptable as long as you do well in it.

If you wanted to potentially go on to a PhD in economics (i.e. not some area of industrial economics), or the government economic service, then you might need/benefit from a single honours economics degree rather than an industrial economics degree. For anything else, it shouldn't make a difference so it really depends on how you feel about the course.

Also please look at the dates on threads before you post in them, you've bumped several 2-3 year old threads asking questions about this course, when most of them the original posters are no longer active. I've also merged your two threads in this forum so the full question is now in this thread
Last edited by artful_lounger; 6 months ago
econsheff
Rep:
?
Thanks !
And sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (71)
59.17%
Yes- I don't like it (7)
5.83%
No- I want it (35)
29.17%
No- I don't want it (7)