The Student Room Group

I would like to completely withdraw my application from UCAS. Help?

Hi, today I found myself with the grades needed to go to my firm choice uni.

However, I have also applied for a scheme in which allows me to work and undertake a uni course as well. I would like to accept the offer for this scheme and completely withdraw my application from UCAS, as they are two separate application processes. BTW I have not confirmed the offer from any of the unis on UCAS.

How do I do this? I just don't want to muck anything up haha
Thank you
Original post by armisticeday

However, I have also applied for a scheme in which allows me to work and undertake a uni course as well. I would like to accept the offer for this scheme and completely withdraw my application from UCAS, as they are two separate application processes. BTW I have not confirmed the offer from any of the unis on UCAS.

Thank you

Call UCAS and have a chat with them :smile:

Congrats on your offer and grades!!

Thank you

As long as you are 100% certain this is what you want to do (and that you have a definite place on this work-related course) you can use the 'decline my place' option on UCAS Track. This is irreversible and will mean your firm place is no longer available.
I just literally did that, what you need to do is call UCAS and say that you want to withdraw from your application and they will do it for you and that's it.
Original post by Charlotte's Web
As long as you are 100% certain this is what you want to do (and that you have a definite place on this work-related course) you can use the 'decline my place' option on UCAS Track. This is irreversible and will mean your firm place is no longer available.

Original post by Soophia786
I just literally did that, what you need to do is call UCAS and say that you want to withdraw from your application and they will do it for you and that's it.

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Call UCAS and have a chat with them :smile:

Congrats on your offer and grades!!

Thanks all, I'll give them a ring. Thanks again
AD
Thanks all, I'll give them a ring. Thanks again
AD

There's no need to call - UCAS has a 'decline my place' option on Track which will get you released from your place much more quickly (provided you know this is what you want to do). Otherwise you would need to call the uni, which can take a while as they're likely to prioritise students who do want to attend.
There's no need to call - UCAS has a 'decline my place' option on Track which will get you released from your place much more quickly (provided you know this is what you want to do). Otherwise you would need to call the uni, which can take a while as they're likely to prioritise students who do want to attend.

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to ask, is there any time frame which I have to decline on Track? I'm just waiting on confirmation from my other application before I continue with the steps. Thank you in advance

AD
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to ask, is there any time frame which I have to decline on Track? I'm just waiting on confirmation from my other application before I continue with the steps. Thank you in advance

AD

Nope - there's no rush at all. Waiting for the other application is very sensible.
Nope - there's no rush at all. Waiting for the other application is very sensible.

Hi again, I have received confirmation from the scheme and they have also told me to cancel on UCAS, which I have just done. However, after declining the offer on Track it now says I'm in clearing. Should I leave it like this or will I need to call to completely withdraw my application from them?

Thank you
AD
Hi again, I have received confirmation from the scheme and they have also told me to cancel on UCAS, which I have just done. However, after declining the offer on Track it now says I'm in clearing. Should I leave it like this or will I need to call to completely withdraw my application from them?

Thank you
AD

When you pressed the 'decline my place' button you should have had the option to withdraw with an option of 'I'm not going to university this year' or similar. It may be worth calling UCAS to withdraw totally. Nothing will happen if you just leave it and don't apply anywhere through Clearing, but it may give you more peace of mind to know it's totally closed off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending