Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I got BDDD , my mental health was and is disgusting . TERRIBLE grades and nowhere near my predictions, i got Into my firm which was Essex to study Law but I’m thinking its so pointless because even if I get a first I’m not gonna be able to find an internship and future employment with such bad grades. What do I do ? I’m thinking about resitting but I don’t think i can hack the stress. My grades are so bad it’s embarrassing. I had to lie to my parents about them. Guys please help me.
Anonymous #1
I got BDDD , my mental health was and is disgusting . TERRIBLE grades and nowhere near my predictions, i got Into my firm which was Essex to study Law but I’m thinking its so pointless because even if I get a first I’m not gonna be able to find an internship and future employment with such bad grades. What do I do ? I’m thinking about resitting but I don’t think i can hack the stress. My grades are so bad it’s embarrassing. I had to lie to my parents about them. Guys please help me.
JonkMoon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
-Try doing a foundation year at a certain uni(e.g Keele) while doing this apply to russell group unis(such as kings,durham, leeds etc, which all accept foundation year applicants if you email them and tell them about your predicament) for your course (law/or related sociology) do the foundation year then transfer to a russell group. I've seen people with similar grades do this.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
I got CDEE and was predicted AABB. Somehow I still got into my firm and I have told my parents. They are just happy that I have got into a good university. Future employers will look at your degree and place of study first so as long as we’re in I don’t think we need to worry about our A Levels even though this is really disappointing.
Anonymous #1
Omg private message me please let’s vent (
ejlxx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Post as your user so I can message you!!x
Leilakayx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Omg it’s not working, do you have insta ??x
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Your grades aren't terrible but I understand that you feel that they are terrible for you. If you are definitely set on a career in Law, my best advice is to consider resits - it seems like a waste of a year but really isn't if you can improve your grades - in your case you could be concentrating on only 2 or 3 next year not 4, which probably contributed to your stress. I would talk to your school about the possibility of resits today, and to your parents.There is no point lying to them about it :console:

Anything to add Arisapo?
ejlxx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Leilakayx)
Omg it’s not working, do you have insta ??x
Yeah
Last edited by ejlxx; 7 months ago
StaffsUniMaxie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey there!

I know this is really tough - hope you're doing as well as can be expected!

Not getting the grades you hoped for/expected is understandably heartbreaking (I was there 4 years ago - utterly embarrassed by my grades), but you still got into your firm! That's wonderful!

You'll probably do great at university! Like I said, I'm humiliated by my A Level grades, but I've just graduated my degree with a first, and I know quite a few others who did the same thing. University is a great place to work on yourself and your mental health so that you can be in the best place to achieve your goals! Does Essex have a good student counselling service? Because uni services are usually amazing, and can put you in the right mindset to get your work done to the best of your ability.

Think about it this way - do you see yourself caring about your A Levels five years from now? Once you have a degree, employers generally don't care so much about your A Levels, so it's easy enough to ignore them. And anyway - a D is a passing grade, so you still have four A Levels which is amazing and will look brilliant on your CV!

Having said that, if you really feel like you can't face going to uni right now, I'd recommend doing what JonkMoon said and trying for a foundation year. It should be less emotionally taxing than resitting, as you'll be learning new things and will get a fresh course. It will also give you a year to focus on yourself and your mental health.

Hope this helps!

- Gee
Leilakayx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thank you soooooo much !!!!! This is so great 💓💓💓💓💓
Arisapo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Your grades aren't terrible but I understand that you feel that they are terrible for you. If you are definitely set on a career in Law, my best advice is to consider resits - it seems like a waste of a year but really isn't if you can improve your grades - in your case you could be concentrating on only 2 or 3 next year not 4, which probably contributed to your stress. I would talk to your school about the possibility of resits today, and to your parents.There is no point lying to them about it :console:

Anything to add Arisapo?
Firstly, well done on your results and breathe because it’s over now.

I’ve just finished resits and went from BBD to A*AB and now off to Exeter to do Law do speaking from my perspective it was completely worth it.

Having said that, I’m not going to sugar coat it and say it was easy as it was really not. You have to motivate yourself and work independently, which is hard especially when all your friends are at uni having a good time.

You also hold an offer from Essex, which was your firm so you were clearly happy to go there. I’d consider taking that offer and working really hard as resitting may bring you unnecessary stress.

I’ve done a whole thread here if it helps and best of luck.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...2#post84757642
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (120)
15.58%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.35%
Isolating with family (51)
6.62%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.9%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.57%
Loneliness (81)
10.52%
Financial worries (32)
4.16%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.49%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed