ElectroFire
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm going to pick my subjects in year 9 and I want a bachelors degree is there anyway I can get that bachelors degree without the computer science and if I can then which option should I pick for my gcses right now?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ElectroFire)
I'm going to pick my subjects in year 9 and I want a bachelors degree is there anyway I can get that bachelors degree without the computer science and if I can then which option should I pick for my gcses right now?
Yes. You do not need to study CS at GCSE or A-Level to get onto a CS degree programme.
ElectroFire
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Yes. You do not need to study CS at GCSE or A-Level to get onto a CS degree programme.
But what should I pick right now?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ElectroFire)
But what should I pick right now?
Whichever interests you more. Your GCSE options do not impact your options that much, if at all
znedd1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Blue Cow is right. I applied for a computer science degree last year and not a single place I looked at even recommended computer science as an A-Level, let alone require it.

Furthermore, if you are planning to study Computer Science at A-Level, most 6th-forms do not require a Computer Science degree.

If you want to get into top Universities though, most of them really like their students to do as much maths as possible. If you have the option to do either Additional Maths FSMQ or Further Maths GCSE, I would take that opportunity, as it can really help with your first year of A-Level maths, which is a requirement on the majority of Computer Science courses.

Hope this helps. Just do what you enjoy though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (67)
17.77%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.65%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.67%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.73%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.18%

Watched Threads