hannanas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently going into year 13 and wanted to get started on my IRP before going back in September. I do both French and German AQA A levels and am applying to study French and Linguistics at university. For French I'm considering doing something about L'academie francaise and language preservation, focusing on whether they are too conservative, anglophobic etc. Does anyone have any ideas of sources I could use? Also, does anyone know if the sources all have to be 'reputable' e.g. Newspapers etc.? Any other advice would be really appreciated! Thanks!
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hannanas)
I'm currently going into year 13 and wanted to get started on my IRP before going back in September. I do both French and German AQA A levels and am applying to study French and Linguistics at university. For French I'm considering doing something about L'academie francaise and language preservation, focusing on whether they are too conservative, anglophobic etc. Does anyone have any ideas of sources I could use? Also, does anyone know if the sources all have to be 'reputable' e.g. Newspapers etc.? Any other advice would be really appreciated! Thanks!
Hey, sorry you've not had any responses to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon

I'm afraid I don't know much about this specific area, but generally speaking I would assume that sources do need to be reputable!
username4310824
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hannanas)
Ooo good choice!

There aren't really any strict rules on the sources you're allowed to use but it would be better to use more reputable things like books and newspapers instead of something like Wikipedia. If you can I'd try and use as many French sources as possible too.

I'd have a look at French news sites (i.e Le Monde) and search to see if they've written anything about LAF. You could also have a look through Google Books and see if there's anything relevant there.

Remember that your aim is to be analytical, not descriptive. If you think they're too conservative, don't just say how they are but why they are.

You might find this helpful.

Good luck with everything!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (328)
55.69%
I don't have everything I need (261)
44.31%

Watched Threads