The Student Room Group

AS levels

Do AS levels count when unis look at ur grades
Original post by Viggoirirfn
Do AS levels count when unis look at ur grades

Do you mean already completed AS levels as part of your UCAS application, or sitting an AS alongside your A Levels in Year 13?

Universities will take into account any completed AS levels on your UCAS application, but as A Levels are all linear now, your AS grades become redundant after you sit your A Levels, so they won't make a huge fuss of them. If you sit an AS (or more) alongside your A Levels in Year 13, some unis may include a condition for the AS in your offer, for example they may ask for AABb, with the b being the AS grade. They could also explicitly say something like AAB plus a grade B in the AS subject :smile:
Reply 2
I’ve completed AS and got my results today and haven’t done A levels yet
Reply 3
Basically if I do good next year and meet the requirements of the uni my AS grades are ignored regardless of how bad I do
Original post by Protostar
Do you mean already completed AS levels as part of your UCAS application, or sitting an AS alongside your A Levels in Year 13?

Universities will take into account any completed AS levels on your UCAS application, but as A Levels are all linear now, your AS grades become redundant after you sit your A Levels, so they won't make a huge fuss of them. If you sit an AS (or more) alongside your A Levels in Year 13, some unis may include a condition for the AS in your offer, for example they may ask for AABb, with the b being the AS grade. They could also explicitly say something like AAB plus a grade B in the AS subject :smile:
Basically if I do good next year and meet the requirements of the uni my AS grades are ignored regardless of how bad I do

Yeah exactly this :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Protostar
Yeah exactly this :smile:

Are u 100% sure about this because perhaps the top Russel unis would like at ur AS level grades to chose who they wanna accept
Are u 100% sure about this because perhaps the top Russel unis would like at ur AS level grades to chose who they wanna accept

They'll consider them as part of your application, but they'll pay more attention to your predicted grades for A Level
Reply 7
would they look at ur AS level predicted grades or actual grades and if ur actual grades are way off ur predicted what happens

Quick Reply

Latest