GRPL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to study history at uni but I got a B at a level (and As in my other subjects - physics and maths) is it still a good idea? I just know I won’t want to study physics
Paulwyn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I studied International Politics at Aber, which had a significant history element to it. All I can say is that I loved it and still love history, what history also gives you (or certainly me), is the confidence to debate an arguement or eloquently express a position. This more than anything has helped me throughout my career.

Where are you looking to had to?
oswalds
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got a B at History A-level with A in English Lit and Philosophy, I still got accepted even though my firm wanted an A in History and it didn't really effect my time at uni at all, I went on to get a 1st and I'm starting my Ma in September. I wouldn't worry about it, have a look around at courses if you haven't already and see what appeals to you. It might be worth talking to some admissions tutors as well. If you have any questions feel free to ask
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GRPL)
I want to study history at uni but I got a B at a level (and As in my other subjects - physics and maths) is it still a good idea? I just know I won’t want to study physics
Hey,

Congratulations on your results, that is fantastic , well done you!

Do you know what you would like to do after finishing your course as that may also help you in your decision making. Do you want to study History because it is what you enjoy the most? If so, I would say that is a really good basis on which to make your decision.

You may want to check the courses that you are looking for cover the areas of History that interest you most. If you would like to know more about the History course we offer at Huddersfield please visit https://courses.hud.ac.uk/2019-20/fu...173.1521542610.

If I can help answer any questions about any of your potential subjects please let m know.

Good luck in your decision making and for the future.

Rachel
School of Music, Humanities and Media
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.94%
I don't have everything I need (256)
44.06%

Watched Threads