ilikefood101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Im starting medical sciences at uclan in sep and i was just wondering if anyone had any advice. is it worth doing?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ilikefood101)
Im starting medical sciences at uclan in sep and i was just wondering if anyone had any advice. is it worth doing?
Moved to the UCLan forum
UCLan Student
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there,

As with any degree it's really important to think about how it will help you achieve your career goals. The 2 year accelerated degree is often a great option for students wanting to go on and study graduate entry level courses such as Dentistry or Medicine.

The Burnley campus is relatively new and boasts a lot of brand new equipment, such as 3D virtual dissection table and a massive clinical skills suite. There are also plenty of options for students to go out extra-curricular activities and on voluntary placement.

Let me know if you have any questions about the course or UCLan more generally!

Hope this helps
Ryan
ilikefood101
Rep:
?
(Original post by UCLan Student)
Hi there,

As with any degree it's really important to think about how it will help you achieve your career goals. The 2 year accelerated degree is often a great option for students wanting to go on and study graduate entry level courses such as Dentistry or Medicine.

The Burnley campus is relatively new and boasts a lot of brand new equipment, such as 3D virtual dissection table and a massive clinical skills suite. There are also plenty of options for students to go out extra-curricular activities and on voluntary placement.

Let me know if you have any questions about the course or UCLan more generally!

Hope this helps
Ryan
Do you know how many people were accepted into med last year? also, is it possible to transfer to a different med school after the foundation course?
UCLan Student
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you know how many people were accepted into med last year? also, is it possible to transfer to a different med school after the foundation course?
Unfortunately I can't give exact details of how many students got onto the MBBS from Medical Sciences - as I'm sure you're aware the MBBS is a very competitive course. Students who do transfer to the MBBS are assessed on their grades and performance throughout the year as well as interviews, students moving from Medical Sciences are also competing with students looking to access the MBBS course from A-Level.

As for transferring to a different school it really is dependant on the student and which school you are looking to transfer to - I'd advise you get in contact with schools you're looking at as soon as possible to see how they can help with this. If you wish to contact UCLan's School of Medicine please email [email protected] .

Hope this helps
Ryan
Sanya.sh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi I am also going to study medical sciences and I wanted to know are you looking to share a flat with anyone else, preferably im looking for a female as I am a Muslim women.
ilikefood101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sanya.sh)
Hi I am also going to study medical sciences and I wanted to know are you looking to share a flat with anyone else, preferably im looking for a female as I am a Muslim women.
Hiii

Yes I am!!

There is a flat I'll private msg you
Sanya.sh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiii

Yes I am!!

There is a flat I'll private msg you
Yayyy. ok could you Private msg me.
Melindamnd29
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sanya.sh)
Hi! Im also going to be studying this course!!
Melindamnd29
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I saw on the facebook page that all of them got an offer but im not sure. Also I am researching into if it’s possible to transfer too but I dont seem to have any luck
DJLeeds2357
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Could you please send the link that you saw on face book, that all got on for medicine.
Thx
Melindamnd29
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Somehow I couldn’t get the link to send but its on Oncampus UK north facebook
DJLeeds2357
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Melindamnd29)
Somehow I couldn’t get the link to send but its on Oncampus UK north facebook
I think i have looked at the right page was it 14 students from medic foundation.
Do you think this course is a pathway to study medicine in 2020 with guarantee admission into medicine?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you have to take the ukcat or bmat for the medicine after the foundation year?
Melindamnd29
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don’t think that its guaranteed but if the students met the requirements and interview then they will be accepted
Melindamnd29
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No you don’t need to take bmat or ukcat
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Is it worth doing the foundation year as there is no guarantee to get onto medicine.
Its so confusing.
Or do i just chose another course now and not be in the same position next year.
If the course said yes you have a place on the medical course if you achieve 70%+ . Then it seems worth spending the money to do medical science foundation.
Tazzy123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Ryan please can i text you seperatley. i start the medical science degree in september
Tazzy123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also wanted to know if you do get interview do you have to meet widening participation to be selected for medicene
Melindamnd29
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can direct message me so we can discuss it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top